MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

DeadHead

3 weeks for the Sc project pipe to arrive? that means I have 2 weeks left to wait...I wish it would hurry the hell up!

jeppebm

i know the feeling .. my exhaust (IXIL HyperLow) HAS arrived at the dealers a week ago, but im not certain that my salary will cover an unexpected visit to the dentist (873€) - AND pay for the exhaust .. :(

rappetor

Will do update on performance and sound & some pics once ridden tomorrow. Get it ordered Darren it really does look lovely on the bike & IMHO even looks better than the Akro" (really mean that) !!
Was your manual the same as the parts you received? Mine was off a bit. Like my collector has the mounts for the springs on the same side, in the manual they are on both sides. And now my Lambda sonde is now towards the engine (like in the manual), but now facing outwards (more like the default position).

So perhaps you can make some pictures of how your system is mounted? Like the springs at the front, at the collector and how the endpipe is mounted. Curious if they changed something to make it fit with the bellypan, but did not update the manual. Or they made an error welding the stuff on mine, but miraculously it all fits together perfectly :)

LOVE the sounds of the SC-Project! It's really really loud, not even going to try it without the db-killer.. No point in doing that :). It's so loud even, I hope I never run into a police control point where they test the dB's, think it's gonna be bad even with the E type approval. My el-cheapo dB meter showed 97 dB(A) in the same setting the police tests, and according to the bike only 91 dB(A) is allowed. So perhaps I have to find a solution for that later on..

Bike looks awesome though with the exhaust. It's all really good quality, and very easy to put together.

Pictures:
MT-07_SC-Project_full.jpg
MT-07_SC-Project_closeup.jpg

dazzor

Was your manual the same as the parts you received? Mine was off a bit. Like my collector has the mounts for the springs on the same side, in the manual they are on both sides. And now my Lambda sonde is now towards the engine (like in the manual), but now facing outwards (more like the default position).

So perhaps you can make some pictures of how your system is mounted? Like the springs at the front, at the collector and how the endpipe is mounted. Curious if they changed something to make it fit with the bellypan, but did not update the manual. Or they made an error welding the stuff on mine, but miraculously it all fits together perfectly :)

LOVE the sounds of the SC-Project! It's really really loud, not even going to try it without the db-killer.. No point in doing that :). It's so loud even, I hope I never run into a police control point where they test the dB's, think it's gonna be bad even with the E type approval. My el-cheapo dB meter showed 97 dB(A) in the same setting the police tests, and according to the bike only 91 dB(A) is allowed. So perhaps I have to find a solution for that later on..

Bike looks awesome though with the exhaust. It's all really good quality, and very easy to put together.

Pictures:
View attachment 1124
View attachment 1125
Looks awesome mate; nice one.

I've heard before that even with the baffle on, the SC's are loud....I'm hoping it's just right for me. I like it a bit aggressive but I don't want to make young kids cry and give old folk heart attacks[emoji48]

vazza72

Rappetor

When fitting mine I put it together exactly as per instructions and all of the pieces and springs lined up. However it is different from the images on the SC project website. Where the 2-1 connector is actually shown as twisted slightly towards the engine hiding the lambda sensor. Where as my 2-1 piece is actually lying flat and in line with the down pipes and silencer. I think they've changed it slightly because if I were to try and twist the 2-1 piece on my system, then the springs wouldn't line up! But on the website the springs are showing that they are in line. Sorry hope you understood that LOL??!! (quite hard to explain but hope pics explain better) Anyway it still fits like a glove and sounds amazing. Took it down to my local Yam dealer this morning and they all said it looks fantastic and has a better sound the Akrapovic (with baffle out) And there is a noticeable difference in acceleration lower down the range, definitely pulls quicker (I suppose the 5kg weight difference helps too)

Attachments

Last edited:

Darren

Hi , think this is the system for me... this is what I have been waiting for. Great pici,s. Is the Lambda sensor easy to swap over?

vazza72

Hi , think this is the system for me... this is what I have been waiting for. Great pici,s. Is the Lambda sensor easy to swap over?
Hi Darren yes it's all very easy. As long as you have a decent socket set (sorry for repeating that quote over and over, but will make job MUCH easier)

Last edited:

dazzor

Hi Darren yes it's all very easy. As long as you have a decent socket set (sorry for repeating that quote over and over, but will make job MUCH easier)
Congrats on a job well done Simon, the bike looks the dogs dangly bits mate.

I was having a look at my bike today with a view to fitting myself; the headers look hard to reach.....can this all be done without removing other stuff?

My first service should be done next week really so the SC fitting won't coincide with it.

rappetor

Rappetor

When fitting mine I put it together exactly as per instructions and all of the pieces and springs lined up. However it is different from the images on the SC project website. Where the 2-1 connector is actually shown as twisted slightly towards the engine hiding the lambda sensor. Where as my 2-1 piece is actually lying flat and in line with the down pipes and silencer. I think they've changed it slightly because if I were to try and twist the 2-1 piece on my system, then the springs wouldn't line up! But on the website the springs are showing that they are in line. Sorry hope you understood that LOL??!! (quite hard to explain but hope pics explain better) Anyway it still fits like a glove and sounds amazing.
Yes, know exactly what you mean! :) But mine is exactly the same as yours. My guess is they changed it a bit to make installation a bit more easy (with the lambda sensor), and also to make it fit with the bellypan (I spammed them with e-mails asking about the bellypan lol, until they actually tested it and put pictures with a bellypan online. very nice service).

Did a test with a dB meter, and tested the sound like the police would do here in a test. And it's a whopping 98 dB(A) with the baffle/db-killer in. Which is kinda too much, since 91 dB(A) is allowed for the bike. So anyone have an idea to lower the dB's just a tiny bit more?

DeadHead

I remember like it was only yesterday having taken my er6n into the local kawasaki dealership to have a two brother exhaust fitted, the noise so loud after firing it up the first time the building shook....the bike wasn't even in the same building as me!! I looked at the sales guy behind the counter and said "oh fuck that's not my bike is it?" the reply "well yes Rog, we did tell you it would be loud" :D...ahh happy days.
Over the weeks it did settle down, so much so I took out the baffle out, it roared and made heads turn ever since then!

I think we might find the SC project exhaust will also quieten down, so those worried give it some time and it might be sort itself out.

My neighbours are loving the quite days have returned...little do they know...the fools! ;)

jeppebm

Im thinking about the plasti dip spray aswell. So just did a few photoshop pics so play with the outcome before actually painting the Bike. What do you think?

BLUE
blueplastic-plastidip.jpg

With RIDER
blueplastic-plastidip-wMe.jpg

Kawa Green
KawaGreenplastic-plastidip.jpg

Kawa Green with RIDER
KawaGreenplastic-plastidip-wMe.jpg

Lambo Orange
LamboOrangeplastic-plastidip.jpg

Lambo Orange with RIDER
LamboOrangeplastic-plastidip-wMe.jpg

redplastic-plastidip-wMe.jpg

:D

Tommeke

Im thinking about the plasti dip spray aswell. So just did a few photoshop pics so play with the outcome before actually painting the Bike. What do you think?

BLUE
View attachment 1138

With RIDER
View attachment 1139

Kawa Green
View attachment 1140

Kawa Green with RIDER
View attachment 1141

Lambo Orange
View attachment 1142

Lambo Orange with RIDER
View attachment 1143

View attachment 1145

:D
Non of the above. Maybe the red ...

damedi

Im thinking about the plasti dip spray aswell.
Looks like you might have the white like me - red spring is my clue...

I see you have the comfort seat fitted. How do you find it. Any chance of some pics with your bike (white) with it so I can see how the red stitching looks against it?? [emoji4]