MT 07 Rear carrier rack

D

Deleted member 20

This grey MT belongs to a lady friend, I am helping her upgrading from her 2013 Versys 1000 GT to this new MT07. I am keeping my TDM900. Let us see what news Intermot brings in a few weeks time, maybe a new TDM based on MT09 for my next bike.

amavro

Looks perfect . What is the total width now in mm ? , I am asking to see if you can filter inside town with these .!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

Givi V35NT about 940mm widest point. New handlebars with handguards is 900mm. Mirrors 920mm.

D

Deleted member 20

Only four MT's this year, one MT09 and three MT07's...

D

Deleted member 20

These particular ones I had lying in the garage (Acerbis DualRoad).They don't deflect air from arms to any noticable extent, but the do keep some wind and rain from soaking gloves. Combined with the heated grips, you don't need bulkier glows than otherwise required,
View attachment 926

dacreative

Just installed GIVI FZ / PLX 2118 + M5M plate + B37NT top + V35NT panniers. Looks good, perfect fit and EUR 585 total cost.
Nice set
B37NT for the top. what have convinced you to buy the 37 liters version instead of 47 ?
I'm tempted to buy the monokey version in 47 liters (V47 or V46) . but i'm afraid it's too big for the bike ? any feedback about this ?

D

Deleted member 20

I have the B47 on my TDM900A, my wife had the B47 White on her god old XJ6-N A.
Since the grey MT07 also has two rather large panniers at 35 litre each my thinkin was that the B37 provides enough total luggage space for this bike.
I have smaller E21 panniers for my TDM so the B47 suites me better, I like the space for two full-face helmets.
The Monokey V boxes are nice too, cost a bit more. I like the price/performance and also looks of the lowend B37/B47.
Another cool option is the Kappa monokey Garda series, you have the KGR46 or the massive KGR52 if you want to go big. Like the design and think they might complement the looks of the MT07.

KGR46 GARDA - Cases
KGR52 GARDA - Cases

View attachment 1299

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph

I seem to be on my own in liking the Yam carrier you don't need a separate plate if you get the right box.

dacreative

Cool Thank you Anders i appreciate.
i'll go for 47 liters on top + no panniers for now. Just wondering about filtering trafic. is it an inconvenient or not.
So far, did anyone choose to set up the stop lighting option on givi top cases ? is it durable ?

D

Deleted member 20

B47 is about 60 cm wide, handlebars/mirrors is more like >80 cm, wider if you replace with wider bars and handguards as I do. Givi V35 panniers are about 95 cm if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that one.

TJ63

Cool Thank you Anders i appreciate.
i'll go for 47 liters on top + no panniers for now. Just wondering about filtering trafic. is it an inconvenient or not.
So far, did anyone choose to set up the stop lighting option on givi top cases ? is it durable ?
I used the stop light on my Givi E52 on my old Fazer 1000. 100% reliable.

HiVolt

39 litre or 50 litre Yamaha top box?

I seem to be on my own in liking the Yam carrier you don't need a separate plate if you get the right box.
I've got the Yamaha carrier fitted but in two minds about the box. I need somewhere to keep helmet, boots, trousers when the bike is parked, and ideally a laptop bag when riding. I intended to put my old Givi 46 box on but it wont fit the Yamaha rack; the 50L Yam isn't recommended for the MT-07 and the 39L. Nowhere local has them in stock. Will the 39L box carry a full face helmet + boots? Do you have any pics of the 39L box inside, maybe with a helmet in? Cheers