Post a picture of your MT-07

Noggie

Big clean today, Tax reminder in and rear tyre near bald so its time up this year for the MT, into the shed it goes for some winter projects.(roads are getting pretty sketchy now anyway)

What an amazing introduction to biking I've had. Have loved every moment on the MT, no problems at all and 6500 miles covered. Don't know what im going to do now till spring. (very jealous of you year round riders must be great)

Cant wait for next season.

I hear you.... Mine is pretty much parked up for the next 5 months or so too.
Can't wait for spring, and who knows, it might look and handle different when the season starts again.

image.jpg
image.jpg

ufukgy

Hi everybody
This is my new beautiful looking Yellow :):)

Attachments

Last edited:

Welsh Wizard

2015 Yamaha MT-07 motorcycle

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this MT-07 Forum so bear with me whilst I find my way around the site.

Find attached a photograph of my MT-07 still at the Yamaha Dealership awaiting a change of Akrapovic exhaust systems. I ordered an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system but unfortunately an Akrapovic Carbon exhaust system was delivered and fitted to the bike!!! However, all is not lost and I should take possession of the bike on Saturday morning. :)

In addition to the accessories that have already been fitted to the bike, I am in the process of sourcing and then fitting the following accessories:-

• Pyramid Plastics combined Tyre Hugger / chain guard
  • Puig Engine Spoiler/Belly Pan
  • Puig Radiator Side Panels
  • Puig Touring Screen
  • Evotech Tail Tidy
  • CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar End Mirrors
  • Evotech Crash Bobbins

I am very reluctantly trading in my 2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 motorbike on the new 2015 MT-07 simply because the weight and pressure on my wrists with the GSX "racer crouch" position had become too painful for this 69 year old fart!!!

More photographs to follow once I take possession of the new bike..........................

Attachments

Welsh Wizard

Post a Picture of your MT-07

Greetings from Australia,

As promised in my earlier posting, here are a few more photographs of my MT-07 that I took yesterday after picking up the new bike and riding it home from the Yamaha dealership.

P1080271.jpgP1080272.jpgP1080273.jpgP1080275.jpgP1080278.jpgP1080280.jpgP1080281.jpgP1080283.jpg

These are the mods fitted to the bike to date:-

Akrapovic Full Titanium Exhaust System
Yamaha solo seat cowl
Chain adjuster with spool pickups for a paddock stand
Evotech crash bobbins
Front and rear axle protectors
Pirelli Diablo Super Corso SP tyres
CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter bar end mirrors (not fitted yet)
Radiator Guard
Pillion footpegs removed and Evotech blanking plates fitted

I'm currently waiting on receiving a Puig screen, and a Pyramid Plastics combined tyre hugger /chain guard, and blue aftermarket shorty brake/clutch levers.

I also intend getting an engine spoiler and radiator side panels, either from Pyramid Plastics or Puig, and an Evotech tail tidy (or similar).

Regards,

Alan (aka Welsh Wizard)

KEVINJSTANLEY

I love looking at other MT's especially mod's they have done, it really is a nice bike to look at but eh boys has anyone gone for more radical changes yet, such as new front end from a different bike or swinging arm.

Crypto

why the supercorsa tyres?

aren't they suited for more powerfull bikes?
Also interested to know why he chose Supercorsas. Could be that he's going on track days, but then the standard shocks wouldn't make much sense. Those tires are slippery in rain, but then again, he might not be planning to ride in wet conditions at all.

pgeldz

Just fitted a set of SuperCorsa's also, as well as some other bits I wanted to try out on track...LOVE THEM!

12289586_1087829477907627_3855032359032690034_n.jpg

12313971_1087052917985283_9220605504407702534_n.jpg

12295363_1085460068144568_7166570609056873351_n.jpg

11222118_1085460054811236_8786082202231995672_n.jpg

Paulie :)

Welsh Wizard

So I had some parts powder coated. The silver struts that look completely out of place above the pegs? Gone! All I need now is to get some new rear sets in black and the silver will be gone.

Very simply to remove and the powder coating was £10 total for both parts. If anyone needs help removing and prepping them for coating, feel free to PM me!
Hi JayHawk,

Greetings from Australia.................

I love the look of your MT-07, very tasty!! Have you posted any later photographs on the Forum after you fitted the black rear sets?

BTW, who is the manufacturer of the engine spoiler/belly pan? Is it Pyramid Plastics? A link to whover is the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Alan (aka Welsh Wizard)

Welsh Wizard

It looks great, it's the only cosmetic change I'm yet to do. I thought it would tidy everything up and it clearly does!

Have you noticed any damage to the paintwork? I imagine its pretty tough stuff right?

This is mine, the silver is such an eyesore!

Greetings from Australia CVSensei,

I really admire the look your MT-07, it looks superb!!!

Please be good enough to adviseme who the manufacturer is of the engine spoiler and the radiator side covers that you have fitted to your MT-07. Is it Pyramid Plastics?

I note from the above photograph that you have an Ohlins sticker on one of the front fork legs. Am I correct in thinking that you have replaced the standard OEM rear shock with an Ohlins. Similarly, did you have an Ohlins cartridge kit c/w progressive springs fitted inside your front forks?

If you did fit the Ohlins suspension back and front what do you think of your ride performance now?

Regards,

Alan (aka Welsh Wizard)

Welsh Wizard

Big clean today, Tax reminder in and rear tyre near bald so its time up this year for the MT, into the shed it goes for some winter projects.(roads are getting pretty sketchy now anyway)

What an amazing introduction to biking I've had. Have loved every moment on the MT, no problems at all and 6500 miles covered. Don't know what im going to do now till spring. (very jealous of you year round riders must be great)

Cant wait for next season.

Hi there Craigieboy,

Greetings from Brisbane, Australia.

Rather than deprive yourself by not riding your MT-07 during the UK winter, why not consider emigrating to Queensland in Australia where you'll be able to ride all year round.

Note that the winter weather here in Brisbane (sub-tropical climate) is similar to the UK summer. Typically, we get very little rain during our winter months of June, July and August.

BTW, I'm a Celt like yourself, hailing originally from South Wales. I came to Brisbane in 1981, and I've been here ever since. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

BTW, love the look of your MT, you've done a great job!!! Also love the beautiful Scottish countryside that you've shown in some of the photographs that you've posted on the Forum.

I only picked up my MT-07 a few days ago, and I'm now in the process of fitting some accessories. Like you I already have an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust fitted.

Kind regards,

Alan (aka Welsh Wizard)