Screen

sven11

Hi anyone fitted the yamaha fly screen? Mine just arrived and I can not believe it is fitted to fork screws???! original promo picture showed it fitted to the 4 screws on top of the light. please advise, do not want to mess with the forks if I do not have to.

TJ63

I haven't got one myself but I have seen one fitted. Yes, it does fasten to the top clamp.

I think I prefer the way my Givi one fits.

i got a fabbri gen x short style matt black screen on mine and i love it. not so good at high speed but it does give an aggressive look which i like.

GeorgeJ

Hi anyone fitted the yamaha fly screen? Mine just arrived and I can not believe it is fitted to fork screws???! original promo picture showed it fitted to the 4 screws on top of the light. please advise, do not want to mess with the forks if I do not have to.
I fitted my Yamaha fly screen last week. Yes - it is fitted to fork screws. I was quite surprised also! I checked the fork allen bolts after a few hundred miles to check they had not loosened. All fine.

P

Peter

Can I have more pictures about Givi screen? Thinking to order one...

I'm a bit confused. It looks cool on the factory pictures but I saw some strange pictures made by owners.
How is it fitted? How effective? What about the bugs? How the wind noise influenced?

afwestpunk

So if I am understanding this correctly, if you modify the brackets of the MT/FZ-09 screens they will fit the 07
If so then I will not have to wait for more models to come out made exactly for the 07

TJ63

Can I have more pictures about Givi screen? Thinking to order one...

I'm a bit confused. It looks cool on the factory pictures but I saw some strange pictures made by owners.
How is it fitted? How effective? What about the bugs? How the wind noise influenced?
I've posted a video of my Givi screen on page 9 of this thread.

It's fitted to the 4 holes provided for the purpose - it uses 2 of the original screws and 2 longer ones which are provided with the screen. It's pretty effective - the bike is more comfortable on the faster roads now.

Wind noise seems slightly better. Bugs? Splattered all over it, but easy to clean off, because it's shiny!

Last edited:
P

Peter

Thank you, found on page 9. Seems it is one of the best for my requriments.

Nuggets

I've just ordered a fabbri Gen X sport from Italy, just wanted to be a bit different as wind protection I don't need as I'm OK upto 80 odd.

Plus they have satin black to maybe dress up with an Mt decal.

I like the look of the Gen-X too, except that logo, have you got yours now mrirvs? is the logo screen printed or stick on badge? also how does the sport screen perform, do you find it throws the wind higher? I was looking at the larger touring screen as I get helmet lift about 75+ mph and being a big lad I need to throw the wind up as much as possible.

IMAG0394.jpg

i have the Gen-x small screen fitted to mine. but im a short guy so i have no problem with it at all. over start to feel it at around 85mph. but you taller fellas will notice it sooner so better to go for the taller version. but the shortie does look good.
logo is a sticker comes off easy

Last edited:

Slossy

I like the look of the Gen-X too, except that logo, have you got yours now mrirvs? is the logo screen printed or stick on badge? also how does the sport screen perform, do you find it throws the wind higher? I was looking at the larger touring screen as I get helmet lift about 75+ mph and being a big lad I need to throw the wind up as much as possible.
I got this screen, the logo is sort of 3D stuck on with glue but peels off easily without leaving a mark. I commute on an open stretch of motorway plus a exposed suspension bridge, I don't notice any difference. I'm 5'9" and average 110 kmh, if and when I go above 120kmh I still get helmet lift.

Nuggets

ok I went with the Gen-X touring in the end - jury's out for me, it looks bigger than on the website pictures, should offer good wind protection but looks a bit unwieldy with it.

I think as a rule it will only be on for the 65+ mile commute to work on those few occasions now where the weather is nice enough for me to take the bike.

Expect to see it end up on ebay in a month, or because it's plastic, I might take the dremel to it and make my own style sports screen, the bottom mount looks identical to the sport version bluemachine has

IMG_3471.jpg
IMG_3472.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg