Screen

xt660isgood2

nuggets... everyone to their own, and I really hate to be negative....but that really is a sh?? screen. Has somebody got a dustbin lid and a pair of scissors after a beer or two?

Nuggets

Haha the pics perhaps don't do it justice and at some angles it can look awful, but I tell you it is definitely function over form. Gives really good wind protection so on a 65mile commute I'm happy to ride the ugly duckling, I've been known to ride anything, even the ugly ones but this will come off for fun jaunts. I'm thinking of making a quick release with R pins so it can be aken off quickly (it takes me less than 5mins to take off).

The problem I have is every other screen has been all curves for a bike with all angles, they just don't look right to me, im not going to defend this screen because even i think it's not that pretty, this kinda of looks right with the angles but as its the touring version aesthetics have given way to function and in fareness it does give really good wind protection. Even so I think I might have a go on photoshop, then get the dremel, heat gun and metal edge out and try and put a few more angles in it to make it tie in with the bike a bit more.

gmdeboer

There are three screens which I really like for the MT07: Rizoma, Ermax and the Barracuda. I think the Barracuda is going to be the one I'm buying

Tom

Will probably go for one of the Puig ones due.
Any idea what height for a screen is best for touring (I'm 5ft 10in / 178cm) ?

I prefer the clear one at 30cm but not sure if it'll offer enough protection.

eriks

anyone has bought Yamaha Sport Screen? Or has seen the photos/video online? Cant find any.
How tall is the Sport screen?

MassMan

I bought a tinted Ermax screen and it has an annoying problem: it acts as a mirror and the front light is blinding me, because the screen is so low.

IMG_20140815_204717723.jpgIMG_20140815_204640635.jpg

Wondering if I have done something wrong, but from the pictures, both on the official page and buyers, it seems like the screen overlaps the front light a bit?

Ellerslie

Is it me or do the taller dark screens make the bike look a bit?........

Kinda cool actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nuggets

The uncharitable sods on this thread said mine looked like the popes hat lol, I think the gen-x touring does make it look like an H R Geiger creation, I'm still hunting for that screen with angles to compliment the rest of the bike.....nothing so far!! :-(

Phil_B

The uncharitable sods on this thread said mine looked like the popes hat lol, I think the gen-x touring does make it look like an H R Geiger creation, I'm still hunting for that screen with angles to compliment the rest of the bike.....nothing so far!! :-(
Haha, sorry Nuggets... It did look a bit "Popey" however.

None of the screens apart from the tiny flyscreens look great, the rizoma is probably the best so far.

I have the Yam touring

Sivvo73

Plodded downstairs this morning to open birthday cards and surprisingly my lovely wife had sneakily bought an Ermax Sport screen , I vaguely recall talking about screens in the past and had watched this one on eBay , but then again I'm watching around a 1000 items , hats off to the Mrs and the screen I'll try get some photos of it fitted over the weekend. Wind resistance ??? It's a sport screen so I imagine it'll stop someone breathing on you but thats it's limit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk