Standard security

sdrio

Had chat with my dealer today about data tag system and he said yamaha don't do it. He said that other bikes usually come with the data pack on delivery but not yamaha. However he will look into it and I'll get back to you.
I mailed Yamaha last week and they confirmed all new bikes over 125cc should come with it.

sdrio

Final update. The dealer gave me the kit this morning. It doesn't seem to be 100% the same as the commercial kits, there are none of the 'pill' shaped rfid chips, and no instructions etc, but everything else seems to be there. He pulled it out of a large bag of kits, so presumably they get them in bulk, but can't be bothered to install them.

Looks like only the dealer can do the registration process with Datatag, so will have to work that out.

Now have to work out how the dots are fixed . . . will have a busy weekend.

Cheers for the advice.

allyw71

I would be having some unfriendly words with the dealer if I were you, it's quite clear it's their responsibility to have it fitted from day one. I would also be taking it elsewhere for servicing, If they can't be arsed doing that, what else can't they be arsed doing?

Jon

Guys, The Datatag kit CMC fitted for me has:

2 RFID glass beads about the size of grains of rice. The mechanic fitted one in a wiring loom, the other inside seat foam
Clear "paint" with microdots inside (look like black sand grains)) I got the left over so I could put more if I wanted. Odd places, suggestions on the Datatag site
UV visible markings with my unique code - several places
big Datatag sticker on tail behind pillion seat. Sticker is tamper-evident, so cant move it one on.

And I got an email from Datatag today with my details and a form to fill in if I sell: like a V50 registration document: part for me, part for the new owner
Several spare stickers.

bones

Thanks all
Without this forum
Many of us would not have got this useful security edition that we have paid for !!!

laurisMT

hi all. picked up mine on Saturday. asked dealer about data tag and heard the same story as some of you. they said yamaha dont do that and even if they do its worthless and ruins the look of bike :D
im ringing yamaha uk tomorrow.
bought my mt from West London Yamaha

sdrio

hi all. picked up mine on Saturday. asked dealer about data tag and heard the same story as some of you. they said yamaha dont do that and even if they do its worthless and ruins the look of bike :D
im ringing yamaha uk tomorrow.
bought my mt from West London Yamaha
The only obvious visible sign of it on mine is the sticker that tell the would be tea-leaf that it's datatagged.

I reckon the dealers probably don't get paid by Yamaha to install it, so they can't be bothered. I just picked up the kit and did it myself, so at least I know it has been done properly.

Petemlaw

Just picked my competition white abs from cmc nottingham... All datataged ready to go no problems.. Although was aware before and asked the right questions..cheers chaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colonel

Master (Datatag) Scheme

I noted on one of the forums that many members have not apparently had the MASTER protection fitted. Me included. I contacted Yamaha UK about this who responded
'All Yamaha motorcycles of 125cc and above are protected under the aster Scheme and have been since December 2012'
I recommend if you do not have a certificate of this added protection contact Yamaha. It appears dealers are not implementing this which may make a difference to your insurance premiums

btpw92

I noted on one of the forums that many members have not apparently had the MASTER protection fitted. Me included. I contacted Yamaha UK about this who responded
'All Yamaha motorcycles of 125cc and above are protected under the aster Scheme and have been since December 2012'
I recommend if you do not have a certificate of this added protection contact Yamaha. It appears dealers are not implementing this which may make a difference to your insurance premiums
I'm getting my MT07 on Saturday and did get it Datatagged for free. I agree with Colonel that everyone should get it included under the Master Datatag Protection Scheme.

Jon

Colonel, lots of earlier posts about this on the forum, suggest search for Datatag. But you are right. Some dealers do it without prompting, many do not, some even try to charge. You will find copes of emails from Yamaha UK on the site to use if you have a "difficult" dealer.

If fitted, you will know from the security sticker and the not quite invisible tagging. You should also get an email like this from registration at Datatag shortly after it is fitted:

"Thank you for registering your motorcycle with the MASTER Security Scheme database, powered by Datatag. Please find attached a copy of your Datatag registration document, including your membership certificate and a change of keeper form. Please print a copy of this documentation and keep it safely with your owner and warranty books.

Please remember to pass on your Datatag paperwork to the new keeper or dealer when selling your motorcycle.

Regards

MASTER Scheme Registration Team,