Taily Tidy Problem

xyu

Hi everyone. I recently bought a fender eliminator on e-bay. I'm new to all of this and so I was very excited to try it out. Taking everything apart was a breeze. However, I've just ran into a slight problem. I live in Taiwan, and our rear license plates are HUGE! So big, in fact, that it completely covers the rear LED blinkers that are supposed to attach to the tail tidy. I will include pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.
fender eliminator.JPG This is what it looks like. It's a fairly popular item on ebay. However, as you can see...if you have a God awful huge ugly eye sore of a license plate like we do here in Taiwan, then it's going to cover up the blinkers. Like I just found out(after i've removed everything from the bike of course).

IMG_3456.jpgIMG_3457.jpg I'm not quite sure why the forum is flipping the image upside down, but anyway you get the idea. See that little blinker hiding.

Do any of you have any ideas how i can solve this problem gracefully? If left up to me I will end up making it all ghetto looking with glue, duct tape, and other terrible ideas. Is there some way I can extend the blinker outwards? Should I just get that integrated tail light / blinker assembly that everyone is scared isn't bright enough? I mean.....seriously Taiwan, why do you make your motorcycle plate so humongous. :mad:

nobull

I had a similar problem with the same ebay item (don't buy blue, its nothing like Yamaha race blu!) - for me it was fitting OE indicators which he said fitted (in the UK - seller is in USA, chris reese). When I came to fit them didn't fit at all - but to his credit he sent out an adaptor free of charge. That didn't fit right, but I made some spacers from plastic & now its fine. I see your number plate is metal - if I were you I would get a sheet of 1.5-2mm aluminimum & make a 90 degree bracket to fit the indicators to the plate rather than the tail tidy. Its easy to work with & will be strong enough.

craigieboy

Im sure someone will be along shortly with an idea for you.

In regards to the tail tidy itself as it says FZ-07, that plate means its for an american version of our bike, American license plates are much smaller so the seller has obviously shrunk down a tail tidy to better fit their plates. Maybe stick to products labeled as MT to be safe.

UK plates Are 9 inches by 7 inches. What is Taiwans ?

ArKaine

Oh no,
I just ordered this same tail tidy, and I ALSO live in Taiwan. I pick up my bike next week. I measured my scooter plate at 8 inches so thought the red plate would be the same. Let me know if you find any quality options.

xyu

Im sure someone will be along shortly with an idea for you.

In regards to the tail tidy itself as it says FZ-07, that plate means its for an american version of our bike, American license plates are much smaller so the seller has obviously shrunk down a tail tidy to better fit their plates. Maybe stick to products labeled as MT to be safe.

UK plates Are 9 inches by 7 inches. What is Taiwans ?
Taiwan's plates are about 12 inches x 6 inches. (31*16cm) If you can prove that your *stock* motorcycle unmodified blocks the turn signals they will give you a plate that measures 26*15cm. But mine is modified obviously with the tail tidy. So i'm using a rather inelegant solution. I'm using a U shaped bracket. I screw in the bracket to the tidy and the indicator to the other side of the bracket. seems to work ok.
1889_1949.jpg