Thank you Crescent Yamaha Bournemouth UK

MrSquidbeak

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone at Crescent Yamaha Bournemouth for my MT07 that i collected this morning.
Had a damn good ride on the way back getting used to it. I love how fun this bike is. Well worth the long wait!

Added my screen and rear hugger when i got back too
1.jpg4.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

jeppebm

The Rush of joy! :D haha - what are you thanking them at the shop for?
I believe it their job to sell you what you want! OR did they do something memorable? :D lets hear it

Phil_B

The Rush of joy! :D haha - what are you thanking them at the shop for?
I believe it their job to sell you what you want! OR did they do something memorable? :D lets hear it
When you buy something like a bike, it is nice to get good service and feel looked after by the dealership.

Let's not stamp on MrSquidbeaks joy too quickly ey?

dazzor

Got to back up Phil's comment; when a dealer looks after you, keeps you informed and does the little things right it does add to the whole experience.

Woodford Motorcycles did me proud. I messed them about and rejected a bike registered to me because I changed my mind and wanted ABS. They de-registered the bike and while I had to wait a few months for another bike, Alan, one of the owners, kept me in loop at all times, offering me alternative colours as and when they cropped up.

They also agreed to fit the SC-project and DNA filter, circumventing warranty concerns.

Yes, we could just take this granted because we're spending money with them but I for one recognise and appreciate good service when I receive it.

Phil_B

Got to back up Phil's comment; when a dealer looks after you, keeps you informed and does the little things right it does add to the whole experience.

Woodford Motorcycles did me proud. I messed them about and rejected a bike registered to me because I changed my mind and wanted ABS. They de-registered the bike and while I had to wait a few months for another bike, Alan, one of the owners, kept me in loop at all times, offering me alternative colours as and when they cropped up.

They also agreed to fit the SC-project and DNA filter, circumventing warranty concerns.

Yes, we could just take this granted because we're spending money with them but I for one recognise and appreciate good service when I receive it.
Good lads Alan and Peter. :)

jeppebm

When you buy something like a bike, it is nice to get good service and feel looked after by the dealership.

Let's not stamp on MrSquidbeaks joy too quickly ey?
Im sorry guys ... i can tell my comment came across all wrong to you guys.
I KNOW it means a lot when a dealer does something great for you and treats you right, everyone knows that. I had the same experience cause this is my FIRST bike, so i know where he comes from. I just wanted to hear WHAT they did for him out of curiosity - hopes this clears my comment up a little!

If he doesnt wanna share what then thats that i guess :).

@MrSquidbeak - im sorry if my comment came across arrogant, that most certainly was not my intention.

Ralph

It's nice when a dealer will work with you and go the extra mile, Raceways at Fleetwood are like that.

loneranger

lamba wallington surrey - top dealers also! had mine for 9 months now and excellent customer service from all their departments. If you wanna buy a mt buy from them rather than the big big dealers. no comparison. By the way i have exactly the same rear hugger ermax.

WP_20141017_007.jpg

Nuggets

Good lads Alan and Peter. :)
I agree with Phil entirely, I've worked in service industry in the dim and distant past for many years and to be honest I've both given and received utterly crap service despite people spending big money. Despite a mishap with the registration (easily sorted) Webbs of Peterborough were top notch, only having past my Direct Access 4-5 months before (and so no hope of any test rides from any dealers) they were the only ones to offer a test ride as long as one of the salesmen went with me. So I purchased based on the reviews, the good vibe from the dealer and a bit of faith. When my bike went in for 600mile service (a month later) they offered me free choice of a tester for the whole day despite the service being only a couple of hours long and the ink still being dry on my license. I chose an MT-09 for the day (pre-map update) and I'm happy to say after 8 hours and 3/4 a tank spent my investment in the MT-07 was the right one.

It seems from the comments here that most dealerships offer a very good service, now if you compare to that to car dealerships you will find them poles apart - maybe we are all so used to crap service that when we receive good service it's a joy to behold?!

Gaz2212

Arnolds of Burton on Trent for me, hadn't passed my test, walked in the shop to have a look at the bike, he had bikes in stock, i left £100 deposit secure me a bike pending passing my test
Passed my test on the friday and went to them on the saturday morning for test ride, they let me take their demo bike for a couple of hours on my own. 3 days later bike was pdi and rode it away
Bought countless upgrade parts since owning it, parts depatment brilliant, also give me decent discount on everything i buy
Big thanks Dave and Jim

DeadHead

People are more than eager to jump on a forum to say how rubbish a dealer is so it's refreshing to see MrSquidbeak thank a dealer for a job well done.
I happened to buy my MT-07 from there as well and while there wasn't any fireworks display on collection, they are always friendly, helpful and nothing is ever to much trouble, that kind of service getting rare. I have been to a number of dealers where the experience has been quite opposite.
I also think MrSquidbeak was very excited to pick up his new bike and wanted to share his experience, we even got photos!
Enjoy the bike and safe riding

Last edited:

Phil_B

Im sorry guys ... i can tell my comment came across all wrong to you guys.
I KNOW it means a lot when a dealer does something great for you and treats you right, everyone knows that. I had the same experience cause this is my FIRST bike, so i know where he comes from. I just wanted to hear WHAT they did for him out of curiosity - hopes this clears my comment up a little!

If he doesnt wanna share what then thats that i guess :).

@MrSquidbeak - im sorry if my comment came across arrogant, that most certainly was not my intention.
No worries Jeppebm. Thanks for posting. It did read a bit "off" but probably crossed wires. :)

MrSquidbeak

Welcome to the forum bud. What have you moved to the MT from?
The dealership kept me posted at all points during the sale, fitted the extras i had ordered without any labor charge including extras that i had brought for the bike from else where.
Great service and lovely staff would recommend them to anyone down my end that wants a Yamaha.

My local Yam dealership is Haybals Salisbury and as they said it was a 4-5 month wait for the MT07 when i was looking round for a new bike they wouldn't let me test ride there demo model that was currently being used as the managers personal run around! That's bad service! Told me to come back in 2015!
Crescent Yam in Bournemouth on the other hand helped me with every need i had and got the bike to come with my private plate on too :)

I have moved from a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6r J1 to the MT07. Totally different bikes, but i'm loving how fun the MT07 is

DeadHead

The dealership kept me posted at all points during the sale, fitted the extras i had ordered without any labor charge including extras that i had brought for the bike from else where.
Great service and lovely staff would recommend them to anyone down my end that wants a Yamaha.

My local Yam dealership is Haybals Salisbury and as they said it was a 4-5 month wait for the MT07 when i was looking round for a new bike they wouldn't let me test ride there demo model that was currently being used as the managers personal run around! That's bad service! Told me to come back in 2015!
Crescent Yam in Bournemouth on the other hand helped me with every need i had and got the bike to come with my private plate on too :)

I have moved from a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6r J1 to the MT07. Totally different bikes, but i'm loving how fun the MT07 is
I thought you were a local lad when I bumped into you at crescent! That's a shocker from your local dealer, please make sure you pay them a visit on your new MT won't you :)

fatwomble

Bought mine from Crescent at Bournemouth as well and back today for its first service. All positive for both the purchase and the service.