Tool Kit Contents..

bram-bram

Unless you cary a chain for it, it's not secure anyway. If you can cut the rubber, you can also cut the thin wire. Me personally I never leave anything attached to the bike, even though I leave in a relatively low crime place.

Rouqui

the rubber strap is to hold the toolkit in the tray under the seat, there are moulded bits at each side of the tray for the loops to hook around. This is like we used to have for a battery holder.

the wire is the helmet lock, although I didn't get one. I wouldn't leave a £300 helmet attached to a bike anyway

Gaulois

Indeed! I understand that Yamaha did everything they could to keep the costs low.. but I would have really liked some cheap marketing goodies. If not a key chain, at least a freaking sticker.. :p
Small tool kit to save money, yes, but where would they store it if it were any larger??

Last edited:

1a2a3a

how do you use the rubber strap by the way? I only managed to use the wire to secure my helmet.

Also, what does the other 2 weird looking tool uses for?
one looks like a grapplehook and the other have a flat opening. can anyone advice?

Noggie

how do you use the rubber strap by the way? I only managed to use the wire to secure my helmet.

Also, what does the other 2 weird looking tool uses for?
one looks like a grapplehook and the other have a flat opening. can anyone advice?
they both are to adjust the preload on your rear spring, the "hook" goes onto the spring nut, and the thing with a flat opening is just an extension for the hook.

sdrio

Small tool kit to save money, yes, but where would they store it if it were any larger??
There is a bit more room in there. I have added a pair of pliers in the plastic sleeve, and also carry a full puncture repair kit (plug type) with 3 gas canisters under the seat.

Not sure if it's missing on the US models, but as someone else mentioned, the UK version at least has a couple of allen keys and if I remember correctly, a screwdriver blade clipped to the underside of the seat.