Top Box

MT-0Devon

Do you mean just the lock it's self is missing?
if so you just buy a lock barrel from Yamaha
not expensive, it comes as a kit and you build
the lock to fit your bike key so one key fits all
your locks, you need a way of measuring I used
a digital calliper to get it right first time.
I have bought a lock! but it doesn't look correct.IMG_20150416_183341.jpg

Ralph

Top one is the back of my lock the plate with the T piece is removed by taking out the 2 screws
the T piece goes into the orange slot in the second pic. I cant remember exactly but think you
take the plate off the bottom of the lock and once the lock is in the box the plate keeps in in place
but I suspect yours is fitted with the wrong plate. Just check if your box looks like the second pic
if the slot is there as maybe there are differing boxes.

Last edited:

MT-0Devon

Yes, looks exactly the same mate. So the latch off the bottom of the lock is missing. I'll get on to Yamabits but theyre a bit shit CS wise! Thanks for the photos

robodene

Hi Loneranger,

I am looking at a previous-loved MT-07 for myself and it has the top box fitted. I wonder what sort of mess would be left behind if I were to remove the carrier.

Ralph

2 squarish holes both sides but I believe the plastics is not that expensive so selling the luggage
will likely pay for new.

ufukgy

I agree, the Yamaha box and specially rack isn't that good lookin. The rack is bulky, too high and aft. I am expecting SW-Motech to release an ALU-RACK that actually looks minimalistic and nice, like the one they've done for Street Triple 12- in attached picture. Will then mount a Givi B37 Tech box on that rack (or possibly the B47 with white lid). Will also get a set of Givi E22's with white lid, no Givi PL rack for MT-07 yet, so I will buy any PL rack and weld proper fittings myself. Will also replace the stock handlebar with Renthal Ultra Low 22mm alu bars, the stock bar is too high and looks silly. Will also get the Puig 6861F dark smoke screen (also comes in black) for MT-09 and tweak fittings to suit the MT-07. And heated grips of course, 20w film under original rubbers. That's my wifes new Master-of-Touring-07 in a nutshell :)
Will probably replace stock BT-023's for Pilot Road 4's to get proper grip in wet.
Hi and30ers
E22 sidebags looks nice
How is assembled on bike
Does it require any damage on fairings

Crypto

Thanks but I was not sure exactly this mounting part for topcase or side case? And which brand givi or any other?

LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Both the panniers and the topbox require you to cut those holes.

ufukgy

Ok. One last question.
Which brand is that part?

LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi