Yamaha logo

afwestpunk

I think the problem is that the only part of the bike that is painted is the tank. The rest is a mixture of mainly black plastic bolt on parts, most of which have some kind of texture, and they would look really odd if you wrapped them.

If you started trying to do those to match, it would very quickly start to look like a dogs dinner.

Having said that, I also have an Aprillia 125 scooter in my shed, as a spare. That has a big area of plastic, front to back and I'm thinking it would look quite good with a wacky wrap like that.
agreed. The concept is good but execution was not the best but this is were I would have taken it to another level.
Really thinking of going thru with my idea this weekend

sdrio

agreed. The concept is good but execution was not the best but this is were I would have taken it to another level.
Really thinking of going thru with my idea this weekend
Which parts will you customise?

My other requirement is that I don't want to do anything that can't be easily reversed. I'm probably going to remove the yamaha decals on the tank, but I'm not planning to do any painting cutting or drilling etc. If I get time, I might knock up the molds to make replacement panels. If I do that, then we can go beserk . . . !

Vasago

As easy as it gets

[video=youtube;vx8oZFBASqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8oZFBASqM[/video]

They sell it in cans, so you don't need any painting tools.

afwestpunk

I do not plan on cutting or drilling, anything I do will have to be able to be reversed in the event of sale

Already plasti dip'd my headlight for a temp cover until the tint comes in for the lens. Replacing the lights and once a good looking fender eliminator is made for my bike that will be added. Being a huge fan of Silver I intend on changing the plastics to silver/gray/gunmetal

sdrio

The wrap didn't turn up this weekend, so didn't get the chance to do it.

According to 'er indoors, it arrived today in the post, so I'll probably do it next weekend.

Tamura

I am also interested in the original question of Spartan72 - how to remove safely the Yamaha logo from the tank?

thank you in advance!

da1kini

I am also interested in the original question of Spartan72 - how to remove safely the Yamaha logo from the tank?

thank you in advance!
As answered before use a heat gun or a regular blow dryer and slowly peel from one corner. Then use a mild cleansing product to remove glue residue. But do it fast cause the sunlight makes a lot of bleaching and the color under the logo remains unbleached.

sdrio

As answered before use a heat gun or a regular blow dryer and slowly peel from one corner. Then use a mild cleansing product to remove glue residue. But do it fast cause the sunlight makes a lot of bleaching and the color under the logo remains unbleached.
I should think red would be worst for this. Sunlight and red pigment don't play nicely together at all.

da1kini

I should think red would be worst for this. Sunlight and red pigment don't play nicely together at all.
May be true :D I have a purple but the rectangle warning sticker already was darker underneath and that was only after like 1500 km in the sun :)

sdrio

I was thinking. When I've got mine wrapped, maybe get 3 YAMAHA decals, cut them up a bit and have HAHAHA instead.

Yes, I need to get out of the house more.

Hobbsy

When I get my Red one i'm planning on de-badging and wrapping in matt black giving an all black look. Interesting to see the pics of the one done in aqua blue, looks great and for £20 worth of materials it's a no brainer..! my concern is having the skill to do it myself, might ask my dealership to do it as I have heard they do such work in their workshop.

sdrio

When I get my Red one i'm planning on de-badging and wrapping in matt black giving an all black look. Interesting to see the pics of the one done in aqua blue, looks great and for £20 worth of materials it's a no brainer..! my concern is having the skill to do it myself, might ask my dealership to do it as I have heard they do such work in their workshop.
I'd say have a go, it's £10 worth of vinyl you're risking.

I have never done it before, it wasn't that hard. I do emphasize, it's not perfect, there are a few bubbles and bunches on it. If you want 100%, maybe it is better to have an expert do it.

da1kini

I would say that the only thing that the experts have that you don't (besides maybe x hours of practice) is the right material and equipment. The rest is pretty simple. Just follow some tutorials on youtube and you will be fine. And if you should fail just tear of and try again. If you buy the right vinyl it leaves no glue or left overs on the bike.

jmkk

I thought the original Yamaha stickers were pretty lame.. So i've replaced them with a Japanese version
IMG_8470.jpg

RAYDEO

do you guys over seas get the silly red/orange warning sticker on the left hand side of your tank? been wondering how easy that is to remove cleanly, didn't want to try in case i screwed something up.