Canadian Arrival Date?

Guru Woodman

I just sold my WR250X this week and the new owner is picking it up tomorrow. I will miss my little buddy. I have to drive it to kingston to meet him. That will be my last ride.
I still have to find a FZ-07. A friend of mine is looking into it.

L

Lonerider

A dealer at 40 kilometers from my house got a white FZ-07. i didn't receive THE call from my dealer. But i guess/hope that next week i'll ride my FZ. Wou;d it be the last weekend for my beloved wr250x? Loved this bike because it reminds me of my YZ80.:cool:

Kipawa

Just got the following email from my dealer "Hi Martin…I finally got a return call from my Yamaha rep…all Grey FZ07’s were on a truck Wed at Yamaha headquarters…all backorders were filled including yours…according to Yamaha sales department truck should arrive to us today (which it didn’t) or Monday…as soon as get notification of your bikes arrival I will advise a VIN number and get your bike ready…should be able to aim for mid next week instead of late in the week as originally discussed…" OK sleep is starting to become hard to come by!!!

L

Lonerider

I got THE call yesterday ... and a bonus one later.

In the beginning of the afternoon i got the call that says that my bike was arrived. My dealer told me it would be ready next week and want to know wich day i prefer. Then a few hours later, he called back. I wasn't there. He asked if i wanted to ride my FZ this week-end. I came back to my house well past the closing time of my insurance's broker. It's definitely the last weekend for my WR250X. Even if i'll miss it a lot. Great little toy.

Kipawa

Bike is in Barrie and being built can have tomorrow but looking like rain here so probably Wednesday evening instead!

L

Lonerider

Great news Kipawa.

As you did Guru Woodman, i sold my beloved WR250X. Almost 25 000 km of happines. A friend of mine is the new happy owner.

Guru Woodman

... i sold my beloved WR250X ...
Wow that didn't take long. congrats ! I just survived my first weekend without a bike and I have to admit, I do miss my escape pod a lot.

My friend (who owns a Yamaha Marine dealership) still is looking into tracing down a FZ-07 but I haven't heard back from him. His priorities are different I guess. Finding a bike soon is essential for me and on my mind a lot, for him it is just another item on his to-do list.

Kipawa

Ride was good but was just starting to drizzle so went the 3 whole kms straight home so not a long ride. Observations which all need confirming: sound awesome very throaty (I won't change exhaust), lots of low end torque and way more HP than my Ninja 250 (duh!!!), easy to ride and light like my 250, gauges awesome, rear brake pedal seems way down. Didn't adjust front brake lever till later tonight. Front light front signals rear signals and tail light very bright look like people will see you except of course the dolt cagers who don't! Kick stand keeps bike fairly upright. Love love love the grey!!!!

Last edited:

Guru Woodman

Nice. Congrats! They are calling for lots of sunshine so you will have lots of fun the coming days. My friend is still trying to track down a bike for me, no luck so far. He has one lead, but didn't get a reply yet. I am still on the fence as far as colour. Grey or white, whatever we find first I guess. Grey does look nice though. Good thing they are popping up in Ontario. With a bit of luck there is one in stock out there for me soon.

Guru Woodman

News flash... Just got a call that they traced down a white FZ-07 for me. My friend is organizing the details but by the looks of it I will be back in the saddle soon. :rolleyes:

Guru Woodman

I'm sure Kipawa is out there enjoying the bike right now lol. North American models come without the Yamaha stickers. I believe he already took off the warning stickers. I will do the same as soon as I get the bike.