Canadian Arrival Date?

busey

Have Yamaha stickers in UK removed mine along with the warning sticker I like the clean look to the tank

L

Lonerider

Very nice bike Kipawa. I'll get my red FZ-07 tomorrow afternoon. I chose the red one because i demo ride a FZ-09 last fall and i loved the color. I did'nt return to my dealer since last saturday. So i didn't saw the whithe and grey FZ-07 in flesh. Weather will be fine this weekend. So you'll have opportunity to take your bike for a longer ride. lol.

Gret news GuruWoodman. So i'll guess that you'll be bike less for a very, very short time.

Kipawa

Off to cottage for three days but then I have Monday and Tuesday off to ride all day! Can't wait! Took a quick spin on my way home from work last night and love the upright position and she is fun to ride. Have to get used to that much more power than I used to have! All the bikers and others at work loved it!

Guru Woodman

I'm hoping to get THE phone call today. If they do, it still needs to be registered and insured so getting it ready for the long weekend would probably be too optimistic I have to work anyway.

So Kipawa, are you planning any mods for the future?

Kipawa

Insurance should be one call registration if dealer will do quick today then just up to them to out together and I would think you could have tomorrow. Always the optimistic type!!

Kipawa

Mods!! Not a huge mod guy just like to tweak nicely to personalize slightly

Want to put that pipe wrap on the exhaust pipes. Saw on some bikes and think would look awesome on this bike trying to decide between black and the beige but don't think the beige close enough to the 'gold' on the muffler

Possibly a tail kit. The Yamaha mt-07 one in Europe looks good so see if NA one available soon here. But interestingly enough the tail is growing on me they have done a good job and it's not super long.

Radiator guard, would like the Europe one with the mt-07 emblem think that would be cool.

Stand spools so can use my stand especially for oil changes and winter storage.

Maybe the small squarish yamaha wind screen mostly to keep bugs out of key area. Love the look of the bike as is and not liking those bigger screens the guys in Europe are putting on at all!

Guru Woodman

Yes, that would be optimistic. Even if I would be able to push them, I wouldn't have any time tomorrow to do the pick up. :rolleyes: Monday might be possible for me but I am not sure if they're open. I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'd be happy to get to see it today if that's possible.

As for mods, I'm not much of of modder myself either. Just some personal touches. A tail tidy is on the list and depending on how the kit looks with the stock turn signals maybe a set of these (front and back)
The factory warning decals will go but I will add two small signature stickers I put on all my Japanese vehicles. :p

Technically not a mod but I am considering this tail bag. Looks good on the pics you posted.

Feliz

Congratulations on you Easteners finlly getting your bikes. I've been having fun on mine and haven't changed much. I have a little tail bag and I bought a track stand for chain cleaning/adjusting. Happy riding.

Guru Woodman

YES ! I am a proud owner of a FZ-07. It is still in the crate but they will try and get it ready by Monday. I bought it at Performance Shed in Harrowsmith. Nice people to deal with.

Here's a picture with the salesguy Yogi.:p

They have still one red one in stock if anybody's interested.

L

Lonerider

My dealer recieved just their first 3 FZ-07. Already deliverd. I took mine this afternoon. Put a new tail bag on it and went for a spin. I'll remover the stickers from the gas tank tomorrow. And i'll put my Mini-Beta Plus tail bag on it. To check if it fit well ont the 07. Loved the exhaust sound at 5 000 rpm and over. Memories of my old SV650 came to me. Did some short highway section. Don't think i'll get a windscreen. The wind pressure is far less important compare to my old dualsports.

FZ-07.jpg

L

Lonerider

The first shipment that my dealer received was only 3 bikes. They get delivered fast. So, they did'nt saw the showroom. I did'nt have the chance to see the 2 colors besides the red one.

Kipawa

Interesting how we (Canadians) all ordered our bikes when the US one wasn't announced yet but people in the states are getting theirs at the same time! Obviously they were on the same boat and obviously just some sort of marketing plan! Glad I got mine!

Guru Woodman

A bit of a disappointment today. I have been waiting for a delivery call today but heard nothing. I sent them an email and called them at the end of the day but got an answering machine. I know it is Canada Day tomorrow, but I am quite peeved that they couldn't be bothered giving me a call to tell me that delivery wasn't possible. I had to make some arrangements too for the planned delivery. :(

Kipawa

Yes, that would be optimistic. Even if I would be able to push them, I wouldn't have any time tomorrow to do the pick up. :rolleyes: Monday might be possible for me but I am not sure if they're open. I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'd be happy to get to see it today if that's possible.

As for mods, I'm not much of of modder myself either. Just some personal touches. A tail tidy is on the list and depending on how the kit looks with the stock turn signals maybe a set of these (front and back)
The factory warning decals will go but I will add two small signature stickers I put on all my Japanese vehicles. :p

Technically not a mod but I am considering this tail bag. Looks good on the pics you posted.
On the tidy you just leave the extension out right to get it tight under the tail?

I love the LED signals bit the stock orange ones are so bright and think they are good to help the Cagers see us don't mind the look. Says you will loose the daylight running lights on the front too switching to the led. Send me picts when you do so can see!

I looooove my Kriega bag!

Kipawa

A bit of a disappointment today. I have been waiting for a delivery call today but heard nothing. I sent them an email and called them at the end of the day but got an answering machine. I know it is Canada Day tomorrow, but I am quite peeved that they couldn't be bothered giving me a call to tell me that delivery wasn't possible. I had to make some arrangements too for the planned delivery. :(

OMG that sucks! Sorry Guru!

Kipawa

So went for biggest ride yet this morning and I need to know how to put a million smiley faces in the post! Was fantastic getting the hang of the gears/power and the feel of the bike and definitely gong to get a ticket on this thing! Love love love love love it! Picked up pipe wrap today and hope to do do tomorrow, will post pictures in mods section when i do!

Guru Woodman

OMG that sucks! Sorry Guru!
Yes it does. And it's not that the delivery wasn't possible, It's the fact that they could't be bothered informing me. It p!sses me off that when you have to sign they are your friend but when it comes to performing they drop the ball. It only takes one phone call or an email. I will see how delivery goes but for now I am not impressed.

On the tidy you just leave the extension out right to get it tight under the tail?

I love the LED signals bit the stock orange ones are so bright and think they are good to help the Cagers see us don't mind the look. Says you will loose the daylight running lights on the front too switching to the led. Send me picts when you do so can see!

I looooove my Kriega bag!
From what I understand yes, you just leave the middle section out. As for the orange signals, I will see how they look with the tail tidy. I don't want it to look like it has big orange rabbit ears lol.

So went for biggest ride yet this morning and I need to know how to put a million smiley faces in the post! Was fantastic getting the hang of the gears/power and the feel of the bike and definitely gong to get a ticket on this thing! Love love love love love it! Picked up pipe wrap today and hope to do do tomorrow, will post pictures in mods section when i do!
Thank you for this, reading that you enjoy it keeps me entertainend until I get mine. What color pipe wrap did you get? Can't wait to see the result.

Kipawa

Was going to get black coz the beige didn't match the gold of the exhaust well enough then I held it up the titanium and it matched the crankcase so well it was the obvious choice! Hopefully pictures tomorrow! After the pipes cool down after an early morning ride to beat the heat!

Hellix

IMG_2164.jpg

Got my bike two weeks ago! About 300kms on it so far. Loving it! Cant wait for the break in period to be over so I can really open it up! Here it is ! Warning stickers are now removed.