Fuel consumption

P

Peter

Hi all,

I have started this thread to discuss about the fuel consumption of MT-07. Since not everybody lives in the UK we should clarify how to convert MPG figures to L/100 km.

I ask the moderators to move the previous posts here from other threads.

DJP

I'm averaging 61.1 mpg (imp). That's 4.4l / 100km.

Last edited:
P

Peter

OK guys. Just for my metric brain, here is a conversion between the imperial MGP to L/100 km in the MT-07 range:

MPG -> L/100km

50 -> 5.65
52 -> 5.43
54 -> 5.23
56 -> 5.05
58 -> 4.87
60 -> 4.71
62 -> 4.56
64 -> 4.41
66 -> 4.28
68 -> 4.15
70 -> 4.04
72 -> 3.92
74 -> 3.82
76 -> 3.72

loneranger

im doing 53mpg in London including a few commuter trips to central London. Also a few joy rides on the outskirts. Done 2 hundred todate

P

Peter

So the board computer is not too accurate as usual.

Ho much is the range from full tank to the yellow light (does it have separated light at all?) and how much is the spare?

DJP

So the board computer is not too accurate as usual.

Ho much is the range from full tank to the yellow light (does it have separated light at all?) and how much is the spare?
I get 140 miles until the dash starts flashing at me with the "Fill Up Now" warning.

The bike then takes just over 10 litres of fuel.

If the tank is 14 litres, that would mean 4 litres (about 50 miles worth) of fuel left.

DJP

Are we getting too hung up on Fuel Consumption?

I'm as happy as anyone to discuss fuel consumption, out of interest and from a purely academic viewpoint. But I think it's worth reminding ourselves that the MT07 isn't sold as an economy bike.

It's a fun bike which happens to be capable of good economy.

Now, some posters seem to be fixating on the fuel consumption angle almost to the exclusion of everything else.

I'd respectfully suggest that if economy is the most important factor in your buying decision, then the MT07 probably isn't the bike for you.

Not having a dig, just saying like.

PeaceMaker

Couldn't agree more :)
With this fantastic engine, mt 07 cannot be criticised for not doing allways 4 or 4.5 l /100

Phil_B

Really, we should be having a competition to see who can get theirs the lowest. I'm doing rubbish! :)

TJ63

I like what it says in one of the reviews. "There's an ECO thing on the dash to tell you when you're going too slow" ;)

badger27

chuckles more than 40mpg will do everything else is a bonus cant wait to get on her and go find some twisties

Petegas

Hi, just joined and the bikes just had its first service. I ride at a reasonable rate and didn't believe the MPG shown until I did my own calculations. 68 to 73mpg!

P

Peter

I hope you are not talking about me but somebody else. I have opened the fuel consumption topic. But I don't worry about the consumption. Just curious.
As soon as I get the bike I will ride it and not thinking about it.