Fuel consumption

PeaceMaker

Isn't this supposed to be a fun bike? Well.. that's how I use it :)

Luckily I don't need to use it for daily commute.. so mostly is for weekend rides.

Of course I can easily do 5 l /100 km at city speeds / eco driving..

Last edited:

TJ63

It will be interesting to see how the consumption on mine changes when it's run in. Still at the 5000 rev maximum at the moment.

And you're right, it is supposed to be a fun bike. :)

roama119

i did 210 "spirited" miles around north wales yesterday, using super unleaded. started with a full tank, two petrol stops later one for £7.50 after about 60 miles then another after about 110 miles at about £13.50. clock showed 46 mpg. was out with a mate on a bmw k1300s who was getting 40 mpg

P

Peter

Today I rode 200 km. My average speed was around 110 kmph (70 mph). Fuel warning at 270 km (168 miles).
I don't understand it. I think my cw value is extra low.

I'm over the running in period. The bike is superb. Congratulation Yamaha.

P

Peter

Today morning I tested the range of the bike. In my calculation I used 12 Litres from the tank (did 320 km = 200 miles). It must be at least 1 Litre left.
I moved the bike and I heard the sound of the petrol so I left home.

After 10 km ride the bike started being lumpy. Decreasing the speed is OK again. I still had 1 km to the next petrol station. Finally I could reach it.

From total empty to total full I could fill 12.5 Litres of petrol. Total distance covered was 330 km. Trip F showed 58 km. (3.8 L/100km)

It seems the tank capacity is less than 14 Litres.
Based on my experience never ever drive more than 50 km (30 miles) after the fuel warning.

T-Boss

So far (300 km) I'm averaging 4,1L/100km, the computer says 4,5 L /100 km. Still in the break-in period so it has been "semi-spirited" driving :)

DJP

Well, my bike has well over 1,000 miles on it now and it's averaged 60.3 mpg (calculated).

The amount of time that I spend in London traffic drags the average down (my worst consumption over a tank full with 100% London driving was 57mpg).

Today, I took the bike out for 140 miles of A and B road riding, “Making progress” and using the full performance wherever possible (ie a lot) and I'm astonished to find that the bike's averaged 64.6mpg over this tank of fuel.

Frankly, I'm impressed.

As an aside, I'm struggling to see how people are getting mpg down into the 40s. Short of driving everywhere at 120mph or repeated drag starts, it would appear to be virtually impossible.

Last edited:

Artem

I expect the fuel consumption to be high during the break in period. So I suspect your 1000 miles on the clock make the difference. Do you know what kind of oil they put during the latest service btw?

Rouqui

still running in, at last fill I calculated 59mpg (anorak!). One of the reasons is that this bike has smooth torque and power from around 2500rpm so you don't feel the need to rev up into a power band. 6th gear is like an overdrive, most of the time I sit in 5th, running up and down the gears isn't necessary, especially with the quiet silencer, no tunes to play.

mrirvs

Although I don't calculate fuel consumption as such I'm finding that after filling on the side stand, I always get about 160 miles until the fuel light flashes. Yesterday I let it flash until I'd done 195 miles. It took 12.3 litres to fill back up

TJ63

Not according to what Peter posted above (see post #39). According to Peter's experiment, mrirvs was very very close to running out.

TJ63

Perhaps if you hold the bike upright and fill the tank to the brim, it will take 14 litres. Mine goes about 160 miles before the gauge starts flashing, and I always fill it to the bottom of the neck with the bike on the stand. That's fine with me, as I don't do a massive mileage.

timo

Now done 1650 miles did long trip to swanage today filled to brim on the way back 9.08 ltrs 145 miles seems to be getting better on fuel fast ride with 1125r buell.

Will145

I'm heading to Stratford upon Avon tomorrow, about an 90 mile round trip. Will report back altho i do like accelerating quite fast.... As fast as the damn running in process will allow

I have to say the fuel gauge is dropping quite fast although I didn't even have a gauge on my old bike so maybe I'm just focussing on it too much cos it's there. Tbh though it's got a tiny tank and it's my nice day toy so I'm not bothered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk