Fuel consumption

DJP

My comments certainly aren't directed at you. It's just that I've noticed a tendency to fixate on fuel consumption generally. Maybe not so much here, but very much so on some other forums.

I think that's a shame because with the MT-07, to focus too much on the economy is to miss the best aspects of the bike.

P

Peter

Hi,

The very first 260 km passed with less than 10 Litres. It is less than 4 L/100km (more than 70 MPG). Class B roads, no urban at all, very cautious drive. Rev between 3000-5000, speed around 90-100 km/h, max 120. ECO signal almost always is on. Clock shows 3.9 L/100 km, seems accurate.

P

Peter

The first fill up after 310 km and filled 11.3 Litres. The second after 299 km and 11 Litres petrol. It is 3.7 L/100km, more than 76 MPG. This is running in mode.
What do I do wrong? I do not ride slow just take care of the acceleration and the rev. limit.

xt660isgood2

Full tank today. Done 142 miles (was panicking coz middle of nowhere on 1 bar but not flashing) On fill up it took 9.62L which I believe works out at 2.11 uk gallons.
67 mpg. Didn't check clock stats coz was freezing cold and just wanted to get warm. Guessing most people are just riding for fun but for a bike with this much umph
and If you are commuting and watching the pennies I think that's pretty impressive. I bet if you really tried....you could easily get 80 mpg

Anthony

I did a ride today following some friends on Honda Cub 90's so we never did much over 45. I was at the back keeping up and got a average of 77MPG

My normal riding I get about 59MPG

Ralph

I do the Round Britain Rally so good range is a plus, in some directions from here it's 30 miles to
the first filling station and on the rally it can be a long way between stations especially after 6pm
when everything shuts and you don't know areas, so long range and high mpg can come in handy,
for a hundred mile trip it does not really matter but I have done 500 mile days, used my old Morini
last Thurs 255 miles and went on reserve 200 yards from home.

DJP

I've done 5 full tanks of fuel now, for an average of 61mpg.

That's without making any real effort to ride economically and with a fair bit of stop/start commuting.

Not too shabby at all.

mrirvs

Mine is averaging 66mpg at the moment which is not bad, but I do make use of the trip meter rather than the fuel indicator as it's dropped to 1 bar around the 100 mile mark, which means I have at least 80 miles left but the fuel meter doesn't really indicate that.

TJ63

How are you guys filling up? I leave mine on the sidestand for safety's sake, but this does mean that it's never full. So far, on two fills, I've got at the most 10.47 litres in. This is after the fill-up indicator has been on for a couple of miles.

mrirvs

Always on the side stand definitely lol. I've never put more than 10 litres in yet as I put fuel in a few miles after it's down to 1 bar left on the gauge. I guess there shouldn't be any need to fill up before 150 miles is showing if we're really getting 60 + miles to the gallon.

P

Peter

I could fill 11.3 Litres. I'm too coward to ride more than 30 miles after the last bar starts flashing.
Let's assume half a Litre is the air bubble because of the side stand position. You can fill approx. 10 Litres if the warning appears. This is 10.5 Litres. Theoretically there must be 3.5 Litres fuel in the tank. It should be enough for additional 50 miles.

I really would like to know how far can I ride after the warning. So come on guys tell us how much is the max. value seen on Trip F meter.

blueglue

I ride about 10-15 miles on the reserve then fill up with aroun 11 litres. im on 450 miles done so far and usually get 150 miles to a tank..... RIDE SAFE MY BROTHERS!

DJP

I sit on the bike and hold it upright while I'm filling it. It's a bit fiddly until you get used to it.

I've never got more than about 10.5 litres in. I have to fill up once the last bar disappears - I know there's plenty of miles left but I'm too chicken not to fill up at that point!

mrirvs

Pushed it up to 160 miles, 26 miles after reserve and got 11.78 litres in.

Looks like 200 miles might be doable for the brave lol

P

Peter

My calculated value is 75 MPG (3.75 L/100km). No urban, no highways, just class B roads.

Petrol is 95 octane, usually from Shell, OMV, Agip. Noname stations and supermarkets are excluded.

PeaceMaker

Very good values..

I can't seem to get lower than 6 / 6.5 L/100 km.. still a good value tough.. :)

Last edited:

Rouqui

to convert from litres per 100km to mpg or back the other way, divide 281 by the figure you have, that gives you the other one

TJ63

PeaceMaker

Use all the gears. ;)

Even the journalists at the launch got better figures than this.