Gel or other soft material for the (so bad) seat ?

sdrio

Just a really nerdy observation here - if you're in the UK and changing / repadding your seat, don't forget that the Datatag transponders are often injected into the foam of the saddle.

akyros

fully reworked, with 3ple stuffing inside
anti slide material on the outside
riding position is now 3-4 cm higher
seats are now 2cm wider
comfort-wise,no trips yet but i feels great!

L

Lonerider

Can't wait to get your impressions after some long rides.

akyros

best mod ever!
just arrived after a 2 hour ride in bumpy country slow roads with passenger,easy!
wife OK too!
huge improvement,go to a saddle guy asap

here s the proof!

Last edited:

jingsman

If you guys think the seat on the 07 is bad,the seat on the Triumph Bonneville SE is a thousand times worse,I find the seat on the Yam,a lot better than the Bonnie.

gmdeboer

best mod ever!
just arrived after a 2 hour ride in bumpy country slow roads with passenger,easy!
wife OK too!
huge improvement,go to a saddle guy asap

here s the proof!
Hi there. May I ask you how much this costs? I'm very interested in doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

akyros

Hi there. May I ask you how much this costs? I'm very interested in doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
well my guy is super cheap,i dont think that you will find better price

70euro for both seats
inside and outside re-done

he is in athens

akyros

an aussie friend asked for some more pics

IMG_20141002_184339.jpg

IMG_20141002_184347.jpg

IMG_20141002_184404.jpg

IMG_20141002_184415.jpg

only complaint the 3-4cm taller position caused by the widening

ill visit the guy to trim the edges 2+2 cm for the feet to touch the ground easier(hell do it for peanuts)

as for the comfort,i can ride for hours,it even absorbs the bumps

Last edited:

jingsman

If you think the 07 seat is bad,try the 09 one,its a thousand times worse,gives you a wedjy after a few minites.

Ralph

Try a NC 700 now that is a plank not only that but it's so gutless you have to sit on it for ever to get anywhere,
the 07 one is not that bad, I've done 2 300 mile plus days on mine but may have it rebuilt more to get it slightly
higher than anything as my legs feel a little to bent.

D

Deleted member 20

Now you can treat your ass with a custom made Corbin Gunfighter genuine cowhide leather seat. Why not "adult gator" seat, "snake" pillion and sides, braided leather welts and dark gray stitching/logo? Awsome! Yours for around USD 400 + shipping.
View attachment 1524

Ralph

Alli-Crocs "I don't want to get close enough to find out which they are," are the only living thing
I think looks better as a handbag or shoes, now I find a even better use, not that I fancy even
a so long dead one so close to the wedding tackle.

jeppebm

Hi,

My MT-07 is on order (no idea when it might actually turn up, but that's another story).
Has anyone tried/seen the Yamaha Comfort Seat for the MT?
Comfort Design Seat MT-07 - Genuine options - 1WS-247C0-00-00 - Yamaha Motor UK

It's expensive but I did notice on the test ride the seat is not the most comfortable!

Thanks

Paul
I have the comfort seat and it makes a difference. The material can handle the persons weight much better than the original seat - so looks a slightly bit thicker than the original. I feel the difference - but initially i thought the price was too steap. But now the money is spent, and im satisfied.
I weigh 73 kg :) read earlier on this forum a dude weighing 110kg couldnt say much positive about the comfort seat. So ... keep your own weight in mind :)