MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

Igor

Will get a vid next week as I'm off to the mountains this weekend.

Was €511 inc delivery from France and it's fully road legal with cat also

Last edited:

dazzor

That Ixil looks very nice. Is it road legal in the UK?

Does it come with a cat?

Also, how much was it?

EDIT: Couldn't see the the previous post when using Taptalk?...thanks though.

Cheers

Darren

Last edited:

Igor

See previous post for price etc. I checked and the silencer is e marked, cat was integral to the down pipes as far as I could see.

Only thing I wasn't overwhelmed with was that the down pipes are a Matt finish, not polished, but I can live with that

DredFul

Will get a vid next week as I'm off to the mountains this weekend.

Was €511 inc delivery from France and it's fully road legal with cat also
Looks amazing! Do you know if there's any different colours available? Their website doesn't work on me at the moment.

Looking forward to that video!

Igor

Yeah website has been down for a few days. They also had a black alu version but it said it wasn't available in all countries.

There's also a dual pipe model free flow or something it's called

DredFul

Yeah website has been down for a few days. They also had a black alu version but it said it wasn't available in all countries.

There's also a dual pipe model free flow or something it's called
Thanks for the info! Glad to see there is starting to be a wider selection of exhausts to choose from.

I'm still waiting for MIVV to release theirs though.

Marcus

MIVV have 3 versions listed as coming soon (see link) but the UK distribution dealer 'MOTO.GB DISTRIBUTION' say they're not aware of its release date yet.

Coming Soon

M

DredFul

MIVV have 3 versions listed as coming soon (see link) but the UK distribution dealer 'MOTO.GB DISTRIBUTION' say they're not aware of its release date yet.

Coming Soon

M
Didn't know they had a "coming soon" -page. The Speed Edge looks really nice although quite chunky.

I emailed MIVV some time ago and they told me that they will be available in couple months. So I'd assume they'll hit the market this fall.

Thanks for sharing!

da1kini

See previous post for price etc. I checked and the silencer is e marked, cat was integral to the down pipes as far as I could see.

Only thing I wasn't overwhelmed with was that the down pipes are a Matt finish, not polished, but I can live with that
Noticed any difference in performance? Do you need to adjust anything to make it run good with that exhaust?

Igor

Not been able to go out on a proper run yet to notice any performance increase (just the daily commute through town to work)

I haven't adjusted anything and it seems to run just fine but I will see how it is when I get a chance to get out for a proper run, my commute to work is all 60kph zones

SixaxiS007

Today I've got LeoVince Underbody EVO II installed today. OMG WHAT A SOUND! :eek: I've been riding a while an MT07 with Akrapovic w/o dBkiller, and I can say LV sounds better. It's deep and ahhh... I didn't have a chance to record any video yet, but I'll do so this week. This exaust is really great. Some people may say it looks like a milk carton, but actually it fits this bike perfectly, and looks good in real. Clean undisturbed line of the bike was one of the reasons I've been waiting for this exhaust. dBkiller removal is really easy (not like in Akrap). It takes a while and you need only to remove the one locking screw, and dBk comes out by itself. Re-installation is also easy, but a bit tricky when the exaust is fitted on the bike. I'm leaving mine without dBk. Braaaaapppp... :D Actually dBk in Leo is only a piece of pipe with a collar, so when it's installed the sound is not so low/deep but still brraaappy :p

Last edited:

Sivvo73

Hi, apologies for mistakes in advance using the iPad app. I fitted an akrapovic exhaust a little over two weeks ago, removed the DBkiller within two days and just couldn't get on with the sheer volume [emoji33], i mean without the dbk its ridiculously loud to the point of embarrassment. Don't get me wrong i appreciate a quality note , and believe bikes should be heard before seen ( safety first ) , anyways re-fitted dbk and found i needed the middle ground. Dbk in a little too quiet, dbk out Way to loud. So I made some modifications by way of drilling the dbk and have managed to get just that , a great middle ground. Ill post some pictures of what I've done if i figure out how , for the record i wouldn't advise cutting the internal pipes clean off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sivvo73

I saw the earlier posts and diagrams on modifying the Akrapovic DBK. After taking it out completely , with a rounded Allan bolt , some drilling of said bolt a fair amount of WD40 and using the strength Arnold would of been proud of, it finally popped out. Problem was its so freaking loud I could only stand a day of it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sivvo73

Since it's relatively tame with the DBK fitted I started to research modifying the DBK. I have to say I found the earlier posts very useful, and various options had me in a spin for days , wondering should cut the pipes should I drill them or should I remove 1 or both..

Sivvo73

As it stands I opted for the drilling, I figured a small hole I could reverse if needed. Firstly I shortened the external two pipes, makes little or no difference to noise / volume but aesthetically it's pleasing on the eyeImageUploadedByTapatalk1408433488.357133.jpg senior saw some sweating and hey presto

Sivvo73

Then the drilling, I experimented with one hole then two and ultimately ended up with 4 holes either side , totalling 8 holes around 5-6mm I diameter . The note I get now is perfect not muffled quiet and definately not as loud as no dbk. Somewhere right in between ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408434014.708987.jpg