MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

Igor

Is it with or without db killer?
That vid is with db killer, the video doesn't really show how loud it is, but it is very loud even with db killer installed. Reckon my neighbours would complain if I take it out!

Reckon I'll take it out for a weekend to try it as it looks quite easy to remove and install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rappetor

Today I've got LeoVince Underbody EVO II installed today. OMG WHAT A SOUND! :eek: I've been riding a while an MT07 with Akrapovic w/o dBkiller, and I can say LV sounds better. It's deep and ahhh... I didn't have a chance to record any video yet, but I'll do so this week. This exaust is really great. Some people may say it looks like a milk carton, but actually it fits this bike perfectly, and looks good in real. Clean undisturbed line of the bike was one of the reasons I've been waiting for this exhaust. dBkiller removal is really easy (not like in Akrap). It takes a while and you need only to remove the one locking screw, and dBk comes out by itself. Re-installation is also easy, but a bit tricky when the exaust is fitted on the bike. I'm leaving mine without dBk. Braaaaapppp... :D Actually dBk in Leo is only a piece of pipe with a collar, so when it's installed the sound is not so low/deep but still brraaappy :p
Yes please, make a video! I want to get the Leovince as well (think it looks quite nice from the pics I've seen so far, and otherwise I have the bellypan to hide it a bit anyway :) ). But first I want to hear it in a good video, just to be sure :p

Thsam

Yes please, make a video! I want to get the Leovince as well (think it looks quite nice from the pics I've seen so far, and otherwise I have the bellypan to hide it a bit anyway :) ). But first I want to hear it in a good video, just to be sure :p
I´m actually thinking the same thing. The Leo VInce exhaust and a nice looking bellypan ! :)

J-dan

does anyone know where you can get the LeoVince in the UK? I can't find it anywhere!!!
I emailed moto gb who seem to be official leo vince suppliers they told be wont be available until September as the factory are on there annual hoilday

neal2000uk

I emailed moto gb who seem to be official leo vince suppliers they told be wont be available until September as the factory are on there annual hoilday
ha! what a reason. ok, cheers for the info, i don't get my bike until sept/oct anyway so i'll if there's any update next month

da1kini

How did you install them? Do they just slide in or what? Looking good and a relative inexpensive upgrade... Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was actually done by my mechanic cause he had a another thing to fix on my bike. It took him about 40 min cause there is a lot of small screws and plastic to be removed under the seat :) But its was not hard and I was looking the whole time. But you need a good light source to see where it all comes together and where the plastic is clipped together. It comes with an Ikea style instruction! ;)

Alex_AC

Hi guys! I've recently mounted the arrow exhaust (short style) and now I hear some explosions when I do hard decelerations. The thing is that I hear them coming from the junction of the collector pipes to the engine, not from the exhaust. I have checked the collectors and they are well-tighted. My question is: do I have something to worry about?

Thanks!

roama119

well i said i wouldnt have an akrapovic due to the price, so well chuffed to win a second hand one on ebay, as new for 551 quid.
picked it up tonight, fitted in 35 mins including removing the standard one, dead easy job if any one is worried about doing it.
impressed with the sound with the db killer left in, dont think i will bother with it out for the time being.
cheers all, jez

jeppebm

I have now ordered the IXIL HyperLow exhaust - my dealers sells it at the price i found it for on the internet :D - chaching - but then they take about 5-600 dkk (53-64£) for the assembly of it. I dont mind that, not being very mechanical and this being my first bike.

Btw - waiting for my bankaccountant to email me "Money transfered" and the dealer to mail "Money recieved" - bike was ready last night......TRIPPIN!!!

dazzor

My exhaust :)
Oh that does sound well. I think congratulations are in order :)

The more options I'm seeing, the less enchanted I've become with the Akrapovic.

A baffle that needs modding just get it in and out as normal isn't too much to expect from a system costing £740....is it?

soszek81

Thats my first post on this forum so be gentle with me.
Today I took my MT07 from Yamaha after a "little" slide on right side. Because exhaust was damaged i change it to LeoVince.
In live this exhaust looks awesome. Pipes looks better then stock ones and muffler is hidden under the engine. That is what i like. You almost need to kneel to see it at all!

DBkiller - its short - about 10cm, its secured on one bolt, going in and out without any problem. Its so smal I putted it under the seat - when I meet unpleasant law enforcements - 2 minutes and DBkiller is on place and exhaust is legal. Almost, because it dont have catalyzator - but who would check it?

Without DBkiller this exhaust is loud. Veeeery loud. My Yamaha dealer installed few Akrap systems, but that was their first LeoVince in MT-07, and all men in saloon agreed - Akrap compared to LeoVince sounds like piece of crap. Leo is louder, sound is better. Its like ride on thunderstorm! At all rews - 1k, 2k, 9k, going up or down on them, all the time. AWESOME (for me).
Bike is screaming - IM BAAAD, VEEEERY BAD!!!! Love it.
And one thing. Better sound is under load - i mean, when u stand on neutral its loud, but sound is differend when u ride a bike, when engine is doing its job, sound becomes deeper and even louder.

And finaly
This is short movie to ilustrate this exhaust, shooted from phone Lg L7 II. When i played it on PC i was dissapointed. It sounds better in real. Much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tnWvzS2_xU&feature=youtu.be

If anybody in Cracow want to hear it in person, just let me know, and we can meet.

If anybody knows way to record better sound of it - also let me know.

Meanwhile, tomorrow ill mount DBkiller and check how it sounds with it. And also ill make a movie to compare it.

And one more - price. In Poland lowerest price is about £ 530.

See you all on road

Last edited:

soszek81

Finaly managed to upload photos of bike.
Mods so far:
- LeoVince exchaust
- brake, clutch levers (cheapest ones from ebay.com)
- Puig Touring screen
- tank pads Yamaha
- fender eliminator Yamaha
- crash pads Womet Tech
CAM00103.jpg
CAM00105.jpg
CAM00104.jpg
And this is DBkiller for LeoVince Underbody Evo II
CAM00108.jpg

Last edited:

hahapik

Finaly managed to upload photos of bike.
Mods so far:
- LeoVince exchaust
- brake, clutch levers (cheapest ones from ebay.com)
- Puig Touring screen
- tank pads Yamaha
- fender eliminator Yamaha
- crash pads Womet Tech
Hi, could you please post a video with the sound of the exhaust? I'm very interested about this one, did you mount it by yourself? If so, was it hard?

Cheers from Sopot,

Piotr.