MT 07 Rear carrier rack

amavro

Sw motech is better than yamaha because you don't have to drill holes. The only negative I see from the picture is the side metal mounts

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

The SW Motech carrier?
IMO the SW Motech is more versatile as you can buy an adapter plate so any major brand top box will fit.
I generally like SW-Motech Alu Racks, but the one for MT-07 isn't the best looking. Installation seem cumbersome, complete tail disassembly needed, rear footpeg bracket removal (those are bolted hard as hell with high risk of rounding bolt heads, then having to drill the bastards out), that looong steel tube running all the way from pegs to tail. Alu plate itself look pretty but the plumbing is so-so.

It's a shame the MT has such a minimalistic rear subframe that fitting a plate for a topbox is hard work.

I am leaning more and more towards designing and welding up my own box plate holder.

Ralph

Will a Givi Monolock box fit directly to the carrier?
I always get Monolock and Monokey mixed up.

Ralph

The Yam carrier is chucked in with the deal, and I am one of those rare people that prefer it to the Givi.

Chillipom

Looks okay fitted, but I'm terrified of the cutting. Has anyone experienced any water ingress issues after making the cuts? Don't want to cause any problems.

Also- Rack is clearly marked with Max Load 3kg but 39l top box weighs 4kg. Suitable for a load of -1kg! Anyone any experience or comments?

Ralph

Dealer cut the holes with a Dremel and said they did not fancy doing another,
I have had 2 5ltr cans of fuel in mine and did 340 miles in a day with at least
twice the limit in it, nothings fallen off or cracked yet and does not seem likely
to, the bikes handling seems unaffected though I have the rear shock set
3 notches up from standard, I need to eat less pies as well being at least
16 st with kit on.

D

Deleted member 20

Just installed GIVI FZ / PLX 2118 + M5M plate + B37NT top + V35NT panniers. Looks good, perfect fit and EUR 585 total cost.