We will be making lots of nice stuff for the MT-07 - What kind of things do you want?

sdrio

Of course I'm serious, it'll bother me for someone get rich from my ideas, and i can't make it myself as I don't have the resources or the money.. But if somebody wants to negotiate something then I can be contacted.. Duh.. And they ain't ideas of belly pans and screens..
Please let it be a sidecar. Please god, Pleeease.

sdrio

and not forgetting a full enclosure like a BMW C1 or Quasar
That's a great idea.

I'm thinking a couple of extra wheels too, maybe two at the front, two at the back, so it doesn't fall over at lights.

I've done a mockup, you can see it here:

Alex

How about something for the horn?...like a small thingamajig that you just mount under the left handle bar so you could reach easily with your thumb and use that f**king horn when you actually need it. And I'm not referring to something that needs rewiring or anything like that. No extra electronics...just a simple mechanical system.

RichMT

I think that this bike is the NEW hooligan's bike (original being the Suzuki Bandit) so I would think about modifications along those lines.
Cass
I beg to differ... LCs were the original hooligan's bike IMO. The MT-07 definitely shows its 80s nutter heritage. That's why I went for one!

sdrio

I beg to differ... LCs were the original hooligan's bike IMO. The MT-07 definitely shows its 80s nutter heritage. That's why I went for one!
Someone will be along to tell you about wheelies on an ariel square four shortly.

gregjet

The LC's at least had better weight bias. The reason the 07 wheelies is cause the rear suspension is too soft and the weight bias is ( dangerously) rearward. Looks like raising the rear and fitting a Nitron with a stiffer spring and mounting new inline handle bar clamps and Rentahl lows to move weight a bit furthur forward has worked though.

sdrio

The LC's at least had better weight bias. The reason the 07 wheelies is cause the rear suspension is too soft and the weight bias is ( dangerously) rearward. Looks like raising the rear and fitting a Nitron with a stiffer spring and mounting new inline handle bar clamps and Rentahl lows to move weight a bit furthur forward has worked though.
Hang on. Are you proposing to stop a bike from wheelying?

Nurse! One of them has escaped. Bring the cattle prod!

gregjet

The ridiculous tendency to wheely is a function of the poor weight bias rearward and the soft suspension. It is also why this bike turns in so badly. Not enough front weight load on the tyre. A bike should wheely WHEN you want it to, not when you just open the throttle. I becomes obvious when you watch a whole lot of "first ride" and "review" videos. The front ends loft as soon as the rider takes off . That is BAD design not mega power. This bike only has 70HP in the proper version. That ain't instant wheely territory in a properly balanced bike. When I first rode the bike I found I had to slide forward and push down on the bars to get any front feel. Had to ride it motard style except the Aussie version doesn't have enough power to light up the rear wheel ( well it didn't when I bought it).

In Queensland an accidental wheely in town will get you bike confiscated under the anti-hooning laws. No second chances.

Gaz2212

greg, definately right, i have had the suspension reworked on mine and also rise the ride height up 5mm on the rear so the front rake has come in and loaded up the front better, now the front will only come up with my descision
i can now accelerate as hard as i want with no drama and get into corners as quick as i dare and the front doesn't wash away at all