Why an MT-07... 3 reasons please..!

Lexington Stanway

If you can afford it (purchase ,depreciation, insurance and servicing) then why not? The Triumph is universally loved, and if you want it to love, get the R. TBH I doubt as a new rider you need anything the R gives over the standard, (or the MT for that matter) but would it bug you if you didn't have the R? It would bug me.

dazzor

Had a 2010 R not long ago. I've had litre sports bikes, the lot....I still thought the Striple-R was rapid.......be careful, it's a hell of a first bike.

Hobbsy

Other option was an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr6... enjoyed your review of the MT-07..!

DeadHead

I think I must be the only person on the planet that never really took to the triumph street triple. yep it's light, the brake immense, i tried the "R", I just didn't bond with it at all and I never felt it was that powerful, at the time I had only ever ridden a CB500 and my current bike the er6n, I think maybe i was expecting to much from it.

dazzor

I think I must be the only person on the planet that never really took to the triumph street triple. yep it's light, the brake immense, i tried the "R", I just didn't bond with it at all and I never felt it was that powerful, at the time I had only ever ridden a CB500 and my current bike the er6n, I think maybe i was expecting to much from it.
First time I test rode a Striple I was riding a KTM SuperDuke. I was fairly underwhelmed. It felt like any other inline 4 pot block. This a standard stock bike.

A few years later, the KTM was sold and I was riding around on a hornet for work. Decided to try the Striple again. This time I rest rode a 2010 plate r that had the 3-1 arrow low boy and accompanying re-map. It felt great.

Yes, having come off a hornet instead of the KTM must have been a major factor in the change of heart but also I think it was two more things; 1) the arrow system and remap really sorted the bike and 2) what I actually wanted from a bike changed.

DeadHead

When I tried the STR, I had this thought in my head that it was going to be some animal that was gong to try to rip my arms off when I opened the throttle, I thought this because the bike I had 72HP against the triple 105HP..LOL...I knew nothing back then because I had only just started riding, if I had looked at the torque figures the bikes are similar, in fact peak torque on the er6 comes in much earlier than the triple. OK numbers on paper only tell you half the story, I guess I'd hyped it up in my mind and ruined it for myself.

dazzor

I think if you're coming off a classic IL4 600 and ride the Striple with that riding style; ie rag it for power, you'll be fairly elated at the performance.

Trust me, live with it for a while and do the right performance mods and most folk find the romance falls into place.