• 51-55

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

sdrio

47 here. Started riding *cough* legally *cough* at 16, have had bikes for probably 20 of the last 30 years.

I use mine to commute into London, but it is a choice - I could take the tube, but I hate it. So it's half toy, half tool.

DJP

...I really only ride on my daily commute these days and before the XJ6...

So for me, the MT-07 hits a perfect balance of power(useable torque really) agility and cost-effectiveness...
This^ pretty much sums it up for me (although, ironically I find myself riding for fun again since I bought the MT!).

I'm 43 btw.

There seems to be quite a range of ages represented although I'd have expected to see the MT07 appealing mainly to younger riders “Stepping up” to their first “big” bike and older riders (like me) who've done the litre bike thing and are “Stepping down” to something more relevant to real world riding.

Or maybe it really is that rarest of beasts – a genuine all-rounder which is capable of appealing to almost everyone.

P

Peter

I'm 44. This is the first new bike in my life. I always had used bikes and cars before.

cosmikdebriis

My first new bike too. Was going to buy a second hand ER6 as a sort of sporty commute but test rode the "NEW" Yam and just had to have it.

My oldest bike is a 1921 Sun Vitesse. (which is even older than me).

dazzor

This^ pretty much sums it up for me (although, ironically I find myself riding for fun again since I bought the MT!).

I'm 43 btw.

There seems to be quite a range of ages represented although I'd have expected to see the MT07 appealing mainly to younger riders “Stepping up” to their first “big” bike and older riders (like me) who've done the litre bike thing and are “Stepping down” to something more relevant to real world riding.

Or maybe it really is that rarest of beasts – a genuine all-rounder which is capable of appealing to almost everyone.
Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth for sure, lol.

Well, it's official.....My local-ish dealer managed to track down a matt grey for me.....I should have it in less than 2 weeks time :D

Anyone fancy a nice, 59 plate XJ6N in black?

btpw92

Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth for sure, lol.

Well, it's official.....My local-ish dealer managed to track down a matt grey for me.....I should have it in less than 2 weeks time :D

Anyone fancy a nice, 59 plate XJ6N in black?
Dazzor, nice to hear you went for the Matt Grey! I'm glad your dealer managed to track one down for you, when did you order it? I ordered my Matt Grey the back end of April and I'm just trying to get an idea as when to expect mine.

I've just turned 22, passed my A2 back in April, so it's the restricted MT-07 for me. Hopefully its just as good as the standard version, with the limited output it will have. Mind you, the YBR only had 12BHP so its still a bit of a jump to 47.

dazzor

Dazzor, nice to hear you went for the Matt Grey! I'm glad your dealer managed to track one down for you, when did you order it? I ordered my Matt Grey the back end of April and I'm just trying to get an idea as when to expect mine.

I've just turned 22, passed my A2 back in April, so it's the restricted MT-07 for me. Hopefully its just as good as the standard version, with the limited output it will have. Mind you, the YBR only had 12BHP so its still a bit of a jump to 47.
I placed the order at about midday today.....basically I thought I'd try a few places and if they had any stock coming in, I'd place the order on the spot.

Before today's spur of the moment joy, I was being told, pretty much universally that if I wanted matt grey I'd be looking at the first week of September.....I've got a feeling that will change for the better anyway. Dealers do like to over-egg it when a new bike comes out that is popular.

I'm sure the jump upto 47 ponies will feel great. I think a twin like the 07 should restrict well as it makes it's power at low revs.

Enjoy and report back on how you're getting on

Darren

sdrio

I placed the order at about midday today.....basically I thought I'd try a few places and if they had any stock coming in, I'd place the order on the spot.

Before today's spur of the moment joy, I was being told, pretty much universally that if I wanted matt grey I'd be looking at the first week of September.....I've got a feeling that will change for the better anyway. Dealers do like to over-egg it when a new bike comes out that is popular.

I'm sure the jump upto 47 ponies will feel great. I think a twin like the 07 should restrict well as it makes it's power at low revs.

Enjoy and report back on how you're getting on

Darren
I reckon even restricted you'll be OK. Most of the fun stuff happens low down anyway. Acceleration in 2nd gear will blow your socks off if you're coming off a 125.

Also, you get a new bike twice. Once when this one is delivered, and again when you get to take the restrictions off.

Win-win.

dazzor

Agreed...but I'm not an A2 licence holder; I was replying to another member on the thread.

When I passed my test, it was simply a case of a few roads cones in a playground, out on the road with an instructor....one test and Robert's your Dad's brother, you ride anything, any size/power...seems like madness when I think about it now, lol.

MeanMachine

31 here, used to drive a 125cc but consider myself at a mature enough age to go for something bigger.
Not saying that younger people shouldn't be driving these! Just saying that for ME it was probably wise to wait a little :)

DJP

...When I passed my test, it was simply a case of a few roads cones in a playground, out on the road with an instructor....one test and Robert's your Dad's brother, you ride anything, any size/power...seems like madness when I think about it now, lol.
I rode twice round the block while the examiner stood on the corner!

Happy Days!

DJP

...I've just turned 22, passed my A2 back in April, so it's the restricted MT-07 for me. Hopefully its just as good as the standard version, with the limited output it will have. Mind you, the YBR only had 12BHP so its still a bit of a jump to 47.
It'll be good. :cool:

When I was running mine in, I doubt I used more than 47bhp anyway. It's plenty on a bike this light!

dazzor

Happy Days!
Ha ha, love it.

Dave! I've had a quick look at your website, love it.

Would you believe, I've got 2002 V70, still have a weihrauch hw77 and hw45. Both are old as you know.

I p1ssed myself when I saw the title of your website, bikes, cars and airguns.

We really are cut from the same cloth, lol.

xt660isgood2

Happy Days!
And me lol. Then he lowered his clipboard for the emergency stop! he only saw you for about 20% of the test. Got mine in March for my 50th.
1st new bike but had all sorts since 17. My motto has always been "there's no substitute for cc's" But the 07 has changed my mind.

towner87

26 although I have a full time job, 4 kids and a house, sporting new grey hairs every day and very proud of them. Passed my bike test Christmas Eve just gone. First big bike but have played with a friends gixxer 750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feliz

I'm 74 and try to ride every day. Don't have my MT-07 (FZ-07 here) yet still on order. I have a few bikes including a 1966 BSA Lightning, a Royal Enfield, and a Yamaha dual sport. Can't wait for the MT.