Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 20

Well quite a few results on here now and probably enough to say Yamaha got it wrong with their 20-35 year old target market. Bonus for them I'd say as it would appear that the somewhat older age group that seem to be more predominantly buying the bike are also likely to have a bit more cash to spend.
I don't know if they got it wrong or just about right? According to this forum poll about 39% fit that 20-35 age group. Is 39% a high number compared to new sales of other bikes from Yamaha and other brands? I don't know, I don't have access to any statistics but my gut tells me 39% is a good number. Then there is another 14% age 36-40 who still think they're 35, tops. Then there is the psychology in marketing, who dares to release a product with a clear target of 50+? We all want to feel young, right, even if we aren't. I don't know, just speculating :)

Phil_B

I don't know if they got it wrong or just about right? According to this forum poll about 39% fit that 20-35 age group. Is 39% a high number compared to new sales of other bikes from Yamaha and other brands? I don't know, I don't have access to any statistics but my gut tells me 39% is a good number. Then there is another 14% age 36-40 who still think they're 35, tops. Then there is the psychology in marketing, who dares to release a product with a clear target of 50+? We all want to feel young, right, even if we aren't. I don't know, just speculating :)
Very true Anders. Seems sensible to me!

BaldBaBoon

42 and I have been riding on the road since 17, I really do like the bike.

Seriously thinking about buying one for my girlfriend as well.

Sivvo73

42 and I have been riding on the road since 17, I really do like the bike.

Seriously thinking about buying one for my girlfriend as well.
[emoji106] buy me an MT09 and I'll donate my Race BLU for your lovely girlfriend [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ Nin

I'm 68. One attraction of the FZ-07 for me is the lighter weight. When you get a little older it is harder to just move a bike in and out of your garage, plus throw a leg over to get on and off if you are short like me. I have seen several old guys drop Harleys and Gold Wings. The balance seems to go a little at some point, I guess. Yes, it does look like the appeal of the MT/FZ-07 is older, although I have flashy bikes too. A couple months ago, I stopped at a gas station and parked next to an old Harley. I was riding my Gixxer 1000. I bought a soda and was talking to a young guy about 20 who owned the Harley. When we finished talking and got on our bikes, a woman parked next to me said, "Are you guys sure you got on the right bikes?"

Ralph

I'me 65 buying a MT due to light weight easy to ride not over complicated, stops goes and economy are reasonable, what's not to like.
I come from big trail bikes and at times did 4/500 miles a day but don't do the long rides now, though this year I have done 3 rides
of over 240 miles and 2 over 320 mostly on a 40 year old Morini, hoping it arrives before 15th Sept as I have a ride planed for the Round
Britain Rally that will be over 320 miles and a similar one about a week later both up to the Scottish Borders, that will run it in and tell
me if I bought the right bike or not.

Sivvo73

I'me 65 buying a MT due to light weight easy to ride not over complicated, stops goes and economy are reasonable, what's not to like.
I come from big trail bikes and at times did 4/500 miles a day but don't do the long rides now, though this year I have done 3 rides
of over 240 miles and 2 over 320 mostly on a 40 year old Morini, hoping it arrives before 15th Sept as I have a ride planed for the Round
Britain Rally that will be over 320 miles and a similar one about a week later both up to the Scottish Borders, that will run it in and tell
me if I bought the right bike or not.
Ralph , I'll be honest the seat can get a tad un comfy , if you're planning some long rides you may well want to consider the comfort seat option

Ralph

The demo one was fine for about 2 hours so I am going to give it a go though I will take the seat and get a gel
insert and a bit more padding if it is a problem, theres a place in Preston that's reasonable I believe. I can ride
my 40 year old Morini all day without much discomfort but bike were designed to be ridden then not look good,
the mud guards even keep the sh1t off you and the bike, but at the end of the day the MT as got to be more
reliable, but it is noticeable how alike the two are to ride, though the MT is faster by a long way.
Just noticed my avatar thingi, " Senior Member " only been on this forum 2 minutes and they are pentioning me off.

:):):)

Last edited:

Sivvo73

[emoji106]happy birthday loner, I'm 40 but 30's feel a lifetime away

robodene

I'm 74 with an MT-03. Really, really want an MT-07 but will it happen? Not at all sure. I got the 03 because it has a low(ish) seat (the most important thing as said already), it is a Yam, and is light enough. It just needed to be a twin......Yamaha was asleep when I needed them to start making the 07.