• 51-55

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

btpw92

Agreed...but I'm not an A2 licence holder; I was replying to another member on the thread.

When I passed my test, it was simply a case of a few roads cones in a playground, out on the road with an instructor....one test and Robert's your Dad's brother, you ride anything, any size/power...seems like madness when I think about it now, lol.

If only this was the case now, I'm restricted to 47BHP now for two years, then I have to go back and do it all again to unlock the bigger machines.

I was initially told June/July when I put my name next to one, then it got pushed back to July and then August/September. It really can't come quick enough!

dazzor

If only this was the case now, I'm restricted to 47BHP now for two years, then I have to go back and do it all again to unlock the bigger machines.

I was initially told June/July when I put my name next to one, then it got pushed back to July and then August/September. It really can't come quick enough!
I've not kept up with how it all works these days......but could you not have opted for a direct access set of tests and made the leap in one go?

Anyway, who's to say your current path is not a wise one. I certainly wasn't ready for more than 50bhp when I passed my test in 1995. Still, my first step was a Suzuki GS500E. J-reg, so a 1992 registered bike......I was well happy with that bike, for a about a year or so.

Like someone said earlier, you'll love the bike even with the kit in place, then, once it's removed, it will be like getting a new bike all over again.....Now that's value for money.

At the end of the day, 47BHP is still more than enough to propel you to your doom......underestimate that level of power at your peril.....I'm sure you won't though.

Enjoy and be safe

Darren

xt660isgood2

I'm 74 and try to ride every day. Don't have my MT-07 (FZ-07 here) yet still on order. I have a few bikes including a 1966 BSA Lightning, a Royal Enfield, and a Yamaha dual sport. Can't wait for the MT.
Hats off to you sir. Think the mods are going to have to alter their graphy thing at the top of the page and add a 70+ category!

cosmikdebriis

Well I started the thread but unfortunately I was limited to 10 options so unfortunately it's the best I could do. Apologies to our senior member.

I've absolutely no doubt you will love the MT as it's just so easy to ride, nice and light too.

Seems like we have something in common as I too own some classic bikes. Jewel in the crown for me is my 1934 Rudge Ulster

Ralph

That Ruge is wonderful, and I have always had a fancy for a A65,
here's my Morini with my old SV in the background,
not got a MT yet but likely order one soon.

cosmikdebriis

Well quite a few results on here now and probably enough to say Yamaha got it wrong with their 20-35 year old target market. Bonus for them I'd say as it would appear that the somewhat older age group that seem to be more predominantly buying the bike are also likely to have a bit more cash to spend.

In any event, it's still quite a spread of ages buying the bike.

rickyexpresso

36 and in the space of a year is my second bike, my first was a 125cc scooter, but the bug is very large and beautiful with this bike, it was impossible to resist ...